Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has any one got a type 2 Panel mounted socket I can buy cheaply ? don't mind used or locking or non locking type.

Thanks

·
Registered
262 Posts
Has any one got a type 2 Panel mounted socket I can buy cheaply ? don't mind used or locking or non locking type.

Thanks
Not cheap! ...but are available...

Or if you are willing to wait several weeks for delivery...

Reactions: Gavin Taylor

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks , I meant to order one from Aliexpress before xmas was £31 delivered then , price has gone up and now and you have to pay VAT on top now :-(

·
Registered
40kW Leaf Tekna & 22kW Zoë Q210 dynamique intens
643 Posts
Thanks , I meant to order one from Aliexpress before xmas was £31 delivered then , price has gone up and now and you have to pay VAT on top now :-(
Look on the bright side you could be paying fuel duty! 😉

I’d say your glass is definitely half full! 😃

·
Registered
LEAF N-TEC 62KW
1,587 Posts
Does not ship to GB, presumably thanks to HMRC now unreasonably expecting all overseas sellers to register for UK VAT. (I'm seeing a lot of that these days)
Yes I notice a lot of Chinese stuff is a lot more expensive this month, including many items on Amazon. The EV charger I ordered via Aliexpress was £255 when I bought it 2weeks ago and a day later it was £486 ( a lot more than the vat but probably due to fees from the intermediary who is processing and collecting the vat on HMRC's behalf.) I expect a vat invoice from the courier when it arrives in the UK.
From July, the EU is charging vat on all imports, rather than just those over 35E - covid clawbacks?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts