Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anyone on here imported a roadster? I am thinking of doing so and would welcome any thoughts or advice.
LHD, RHD, any issues with fog lights etc?

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok, I am importing one from Japan. 2011 2.5 Sport in light blue. 60k miles, some sun damage to the carbon fibre on the bonnet but otherwise minor marks only. Range shows 100 miles on 5/8 battery charge so apparently on the low side.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Can't used ones be obtained here?

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Of course. Current offerings at £70 - £85K. I have no Idea what they actually sell for. I will be putting my imported one on the road over here for about half that amount. And it is not a grey import, it was made here in the first place and mine actually has a UK VIN and a fog light switch.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Could I ask how you import it without bricking the battery? I found a nice car in Japan but was told the shipping would take 6 weeks and the battery would be bricked... i would be interested in trying this if anyone has done it successfully. Thanks David

·
Registered
Nissan LEAF30
5,880 Posts
So how does the car not just brick its battery in normal life? These are all cars that have sparingly used and must have gone significant periods with virtually no use to be such low mileage.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Could I ask how you import it without bricking the battery? I found a nice car in Japan but was told the shipping would take 6 weeks and the battery would be bricked... i would be interested in trying this if anyone has done it successfully. Thanks David
I have done it. It was a close thing but it arrived alive despite an eight week boat trip and my instructions to put the car to sleep to stop the "vampire drain" not being followed. I can share my idiots guide if you buy a car from there. Which one are you looking at?

Reactions: cah197

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So how does the car not just brick its battery in normal life? These are all cars that have sparingly used and must have gone significant periods with virtually no use to be such low mileage.
They do just brick themselves in normal life. Tesla recommended them being plugged in constantly but in a temperate climate it will usually take two to three months for the battery to run down from full to dangerously low levels.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts