Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've started to get a little fed up of those sucker cups that leave that horrid circle stain on your windscreen. I did a bit of research, read through some forums to find an in car phone holder which I could mount in my air vents.
I came across a product called a breffo spiderpodium and one called the kenu airframe.

If any of you guys have any suggestions or own a decent in car phone holder or vent mount shoot them over so I can make up my mind, but at the moment I think this spider type one if edging it as I can see many more uses for it like scaring the wife and kids!!!

·
Administrator
11,835 Posts
Which vehicle and are you after perm or temp mounting solution (as in does sticking anything to your dash create any issues for you)?

I use a nice little holder I can't recall the name of, was cheap too, will post details when I go in the car next time!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Which vehicle and are you after perm or temp mounting solution (as in does sticking anything to your dash create any issues for you)?

I use a nice little holder I can't recall the name of, was cheap too, will post details when I go in the car next time!
Hey Paul,

I've got a LEAF. I was looking at all options really but the thing I liked about the spider mount was that it would work with all smartphones so when I go to change my phone, this would work with it and I would not need to get a new mount. I don't really like the sticking of anything to the dash. This is why these two would be great for me as I like the idea of vent mounting.

Does the mount you have go in the vents or is it a dash mount?

Thanks again,

Alan!

·
Administrator
11,835 Posts
Mine's a dash-mount and comes with multiple "heads" so you can use different phones, and probably get new ones as new phones come out. It has a sucker base for temp fitting, and a bunch of stick-on pads for a different base for more perm fitting. Folds down nice and small too.

·
Registered
991 Posts
I've got a Brodit ProClip, that's the car specific mount part of the equation. And attached to that I use Fix2car cradles but you can use whichever phone cradle you prefer. You can either screw them to the ProClip or, as I do, use Brodit's Move Clips, these allow no-screws attachment and quick removal.

The photos here shows two ProClips in use, a RHD and a LHD one. Brodit also have an A-Pillar ProClip mount. I current have cradles for a Nexus 5 and iPhone 5 fitted.

·
Registered
625 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts