Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Car just collected at 8.30am by Eden Branksome for the DRL software update. Like @dpeilow the collection driver came in a tatty old Astra, same guy no doubt. Unfortunately it's quite a long way to my place from the garage, I don't envy him the return journey on the A3/M27/A31 at this time of day ! :eek:

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:mad::mad:
Call from Eden Vauxhall 3.20pm - can they have car until tomorrow as they're still waiting for Vauxhall Technical to get back to them with programming code for my car before they can start the software update, then its 2 hours of programing! I said NO I need it!!

I asked them WTF this couldn't have been prepared before, its been booked in for nearly a month? Each car unique apparently, they cant do anything until they have car, pull off code details from it and contact Vauxhall tech for the new code. In the end we agreed they would call ME when they had the requisite from Vauxhall whenever that is, and I would book it in again then would be sure it would be done (his suggestion). No implications for the guarantee.
Btw, the chap asked what the thing plugged into the diagnostic port was, I said a bluetooth OBD transmitter, he acknowledged - didn't say ‘take it off’! I was going to unplug it before they took the car this morning but forgot.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No reason to take it off, it's only reading data, you can plug what you like into the ports so far as I can tell, it's what they're there for.
Oh sure @Paul , but I intended to take it off and put it on again afterwards, given it's completely non essential to my needs, just to avoid any FUD from the service department, it's just easier :)

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
They had a delay in doing my update too and I had to rebook it for June. They have asked for 2 days!!! 2 days to do a software update! :eek:

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
They had a delay in doing my update too and I had to rebook it for June. They have asked for 2 days!!! 2 days to do a software update! :eek:
Eden called this morning to rebook my car for the DRL software update, and same as you Paul, they want it overnight. For a software update! Rebooked for June 5/6. Wouldn't mind so much if I was getting something really worthwhile out of the update!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Took mine in to Arnold Clark in Manchester. I had planned to wait but when I arrived they said it could take up to three hours. In the end it was completed successfully in about two hours.

They did ask me to take in the pass card with the security codes. They didn't mention having to get any further codes from Vauxhall.

·
Registered
704 Posts
We booked our car in for two days for the service and the update. The car came back the same day, apparently only one car can be updated at a time and the extra time would have been needed if there was a queue. 10 am - 4.30 pm included service, valet, update and two hours travel.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Driver from Eden Branksome came early yesterday and drove the car away. Nice guy..says they actually wanted to turn it round today so with luck I may get it back late afternoon. And he said that as this is the second time it's been in for this update, and the first was a waste of time (Vauxhalls fault) , and it's therefore cost me money in petrol, that he'll run it to Bournemouth on petrol and then put £30-40 in the tank. Pretty good. However, got a call late afternoon to say that they would need it overnight after all, I said no problem. Today however has been less good.
I'd not heard by 1.20pm so called. Lunchtime, so eventually had to call back again about 2.15pm. She went away for a couple of mins and said that they had been waiting for something from Vauxhall, their guy was on the phone to them now, she would get him to call me as soon as he was off the phone. I said I did’t understand, they've had the car since yesterday morning, and its only a software update!! I need the car back by tonight. She didn’t know what they were waiting for from Vauxhall but said as soon as their guy came off the phone he would call me. That was 10 minutes ago. This is starting to wind me up.

·
Registered
340 Posts
. This is starting to wind me up.
Don't blame you. Why all the secrecy over what they're actually doing? Its either not just a software update (in which case why don't they just say) or if it is then they're not really "on the phone to Vauxhall" at all. Hate to say it but if he hasn't left yet I doubt you'll see the car today.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
OK Dave called 2.45. Very apologetic. They’ve done the BMC(?) update, i.e. the DRL one, but they also had to do a power inverter update and its THAT one that they need individual car info from Vauxhall technical, who needed to talk to Opel in Germany(!!!) and thats all not happened, now Vauxhall tech dept is closed! So I’m not getting my car back until early next week. He was pretty embarrassed and frustrated, has fired off request for a hire car for me until mine is done. So I should be getting a call from my local branch of Enterprise very soon apparently. Then the question will be how I get the car late on a Friday afternoon! If nothing by 3.30pm I’m supposed to call him back.

·
Administrator
11,835 Posts
OK Dave called 2.45. Very apologetic. They’ve done the BMC(?) update, i.e. the DRL one, but they also had to do a power inverter update and its THAT one that they need individual car info from Vauxhall technical, who needed to talk to Opel in Germany(!!!) and thats all not happened, now Vauxhall tech dept is closed! So I’m not getting my car back until early next week. He was pretty embarrassed and frustrated, has fired off request for a hire car for me until mine is done. So I should be getting a call from my local branch of Enterprise very soon apparently. Then the question will be how I get the car late on a Friday afternoon! If nothing by 3.30pm I’m supposed to call him back.
Just sounds very disorganised, but the dealer seems to be trying to help you out (giving the benefit of the doubt)?

1 - 20 of 73 Posts