Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
At least get the app to the same level I had on my e-Golf! Data download - so I can be full on geek-mode and analyse my energy use, etc. ; Also remote enable of heated seat, wheel, mirrors, screens.

Improve the scheduled charging & get it linked with Octopus Agile. Improve the satnav with up to date charge points, navigate with charging in mind.

·
Registered
ID.3 1st
242 Posts
  • Make scheduled charging simpler so most people can just get it working
  • Bring the We Connect ID app up to feature parity with other VW apps
  • Option to display charging in kWh rather than mph
  • Option to display ”range” as a % rather than the GoM
  • Greater customisation of the display behind the steering wheel - customisable widgets
  • Multiple user profiles with personalisation
  • Make the built-in nav actually recognise street names and postcodes
  • Voice control recognition and scope of assistance

·
Registered
119 Posts
Assuming I ever get to 2.1, so OTA becomes available

Improve app stability, add additional functionality - other VW apps are far better. I’d really like remote unlock and ability to see cars position on map.

Ability to change charge rate from car / app. The reduce charge current sets it too low, would option to set to different KW.

Improve responsiveness of infotainment system

Sort car play - stop stuttering, better integration with car overall

Ability to have more than 4 tiles on the drop down menu

Don’t know how they’d do this, but would like ability to answer calls without taking hands off the wheel. All my previous cars (last 10 years) had a dedicated phone button on steering wheel

·
Registered
276 Posts
A ‘short trip’ selector would be good.
A selector for B regen level maybe Light, Medium, Heavy.
And development of Park Assist, hardware permitting...

·
EGGY
1,497 Posts
The ability to add a tile to more than 1 window (might be an 0564 thing)

·
Registered
23 Posts
For me:
  • Provide error messages when charging doesn't work - vs. the red blob of death
  • Modernise the We Connect ID app so it has useful features (car location, lock doors, open doors)
  • Display "fuel consumption"
  • Option to display ”range” as a % rather than the GoM - coped off Scott
  • Update the SatNav database so it is at least 21st century, database is hilariously out of date

·
Registered
VW ID3 Tech v2.1
16 Posts
Allow google navigation to use the VR head-up display through Android auto (if this is a VW issue).

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Heated steering wheel button on all pages of the climate control.
kWh used for charging rate, you want to know that your car is charging at the rate that the charger can deliver without doing sums.
Ability to order your favourite radio stations easily
A geeks page showing which parts of the car are consuming energy, traction, climate control etc. Regen figures.
Battery percentage on the steering wheel display all the time.
Ability to set the car so it defaults to changing the near side mirror position in reverse.
Remember your climate control settings when it starts, including that you have turned it off!

Ignore speed signs on slip roads when you are on the main carriage way!

·
Registered
iD.3 Family, Moonstone Grey. (On order)
109 Posts
A geeks page showing which parts of the car are consuming energy, traction, climate control etc. Regen figures.
Good choices. Those would actually be great.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Good choices. Those would actually be great.
Our Polo GTI+ has such a geeks page, called "convenience consumers". It indicates that the aircon is always on to a small degree when airflow is mainly directed at the windscreen. May not be the case with the ID3.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Wouldn't it be great if we could have a charging power graph, time vs power and percentage vs power.

I know it's intended as a car for the masses, but it feels like a lot of us are interested in these things.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Heated steering wheel button on all pages of the climate control.
kWh used for charging rate, you want to know that your car is charging at the rate that the charger can deliver without doing sums.
Ability to order your favourite radio stations easily
Ability to set the car so it defaults to changing the near side mirror position in reverse.
Remember your climate control settings when it starts, including that you have turned it off!

Ignore speed signs on slip roads when you are on the main carriage way!
The Golf 8 loaner I had has a steering wheel heater haptic button on the steering wheel. There’s an idea😉

·
Registered
976 Posts
Fix wireless CarPlay audio stuttering, fix wireless CarPlay audio stuttering, fix wireless CarPlay audio stuttering, fix wireless CarPlay audio stuttering, fix wireless CarPlay audio stuttering, fix wireless CarPlay audio stuttering, fix wireless CarPlay audio stuttering, fix wireless CarPlay audio stuttering, fix wireless CarPlay audio stuttering, fix wireless CarPlay audio stuttering, fix wireless CarPlay audio stuttering, fix wireless CarPlay audio stuttering, fix wireless CarPlay audio stuttering, fix wireless CarPlay audio stuttering, fix wireless CarPlay audio stuttering, fix wireless CarPlay audio stuttering, and add a 'magically grow new rear speakers' menu button.

But mostly fix wireless CarPlay audio stuttering.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Fix wireless CarPlay audio stuttering, fix wireless CarPlay audio stuttering, fix wireless CarPlay audio stuttering, fix wireless CarPlay audio stuttering, fix wireless CarPlay audio stuttering, fix wireless CarPlay audio stuttering, fix wireless CarPlay audio stuttering, fix wireless CarPlay audio stuttering, fix wireless CarPlay audio stuttering, fix wireless CarPlay audio stuttering, fix wireless CarPlay audio stuttering, fix wireless CarPlay audio stuttering, fix wireless CarPlay audio stuttering, fix wireless CarPlay audio stuttering, fix wireless CarPlay audio stuttering, fix wireless CarPlay audio stuttering, and add a 'magically grow new rear speakers' menu button.

But mostly fix wireless CarPlay audio stuttering.
Nasty stutter you've got there, you should do something about it :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts