Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
ZOE 50 Intens + CCS, Flamme Red
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After all the software upgrades, when the power consumption finally started to be displayed, the displayed consumption is inaccurate.
For some time now, I found it strange that it does not fall below 12.9 kWh / 100 km. Neither on the instrument panel nor on this big screen.

However, if you divide the 17.4 kWh of energy consumed by 162.4 km, you get a consumption of 10.71 kWh / 100 km.

Is it time for new upgrade?

·
Registered
Tesla Model 3 LR AWD, Renault ZOE R135 ZE50 GTLine (Sold: R90 ZE40 i Dynamic Nav)
842 Posts
Suppose it has taken 20.9 kWh to travel the 162.4 km, as indicated by the 12.9 kWh/100 km. And suppose that 3.5 kWh of that was recovered from regen, leaving 17.4 kWh net to be taken from the battery. The consumption from charged electricity would then be 10.7 kWh/100 km whilst the consumption in terms of energy used by the motor, including from regen, would be 12.9 kWh/100 km. I've no idea if this is correct, but it is one way of making consistent sense of the numbers presented.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You need to add in the climate consumption to your figures.
If so, then consumption is 11,76. Still less than 12,9.
But I think total consumption is for driving and for climate.

Actually my point is that showed consumption never drops below 12,9 kWh/100 km.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 R135
2 Posts
Actually my point is that showed consumption never drops below 12,9 kWh/100 km.
I have the same issue. It won't show average consumption below 12,9kWh/100km in instrument panel either. Usually my consumption is more, but it is quite easy to replicate just by resetting the average consumption by pressing long ok and driving in city speeds for a little while. Not a huge deal for me, maybe they have put the limit there so it does not show unrealistic GOM values or anyone calculate the range themselves using lower values or maybe it is just a strange bug. My car is ZE50 R135 manufactured this year, if it makes any difference.

·
Registered
Zoe ZE50 GTline CCS
849 Posts
Mine, even after a reset rises to 4.8 miles per KW and stays there.
Even if I drive incredibly slow with everything off I can't make it go above that figure. Has anyone managed to get the avg consumption figure to display higher... GtLine Ze50.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 R135
2 Posts
Even if I drive incredibly slow with everything off I can't make it go above that figure. Has anyone managed to get the avg consumption figure to display higher... GtLine Ze50.
4.8 miles per kWh is the same consumption as 12.9 kWh/100km so the issue is the same.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
I got 5.3 m/kWh recently after the BMS fix

Automotive design Steering part Automotive mirror Motor vehicle Vehicle

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
30,795 Posts
After all the software upgrades, when the power consumption finally started to be displayed, the displayed consumption is inaccurate.
For some time now, I found it strange that it does not fall below 12.9 kWh / 100 km. Neither on the instrument panel nor on this big screen.

View attachment 147629

However, if you divide the 17.4 kWh of energy consumed by 162.4 km, you get a consumption of 10.71 kWh / 100 km.

Is it time for new upgrade?
Assume 1.85kWh to run the 12V system is not included in that (which is about right, you were driving for 3.5 hours, so is a 530W undisplayed load).

Then you might have;-

(17.4kWh+7.1kWh-1.7kWh-1.85kWh)/12.9(kWh/100km) = 162.4km

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
22,728 Posts
Assume 1.85kWh to run the 12V system is not included in that (which is about right, you were driving for 3.5 hours, so is a 530W undisplayed load).

Then you might have;-

((17.4kWh+7.1kWh)-1.7kWh-1.85kWh)/12.9kWh/100km = 162.4km
Yeah. I remember from my early tests that the consumption is just for the motor. Doesn't include HVAC and ancillaries.

·
Registered
25 Posts
main dash has shown into the 5s on an early 2020 GT, I shall try it on my 70 plate late 2020 GT - typical reading is 4.3 (with Aircon +mainly Eco mode), giving average range of 225 miles, which I regularly achieve - Far better than I was fearing before driving - some road testers reckoning 160 non winter range.. - Cant wait for 300 min mls range and 20% more acceleration below 70mph :) (oh and a lower driving position - All should fall into place next yr with evolved main battery tech :)

·
30,795 Posts
My view on such big batteries is that it is a retrograde step.

The quest for twice the battery doubles all of the associated environmental damage.

This is like the UK scandal on recycling waste; we put it in a recycling bin and it gets sold to another country who burn, bury or throw it into the sea. But the local council puts a tick in the box; "Greenwash competed?; [tick]".

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have to repeat - my point is consumption never drops under 12,9 kWh/100 km no matter how ECO my ride is.

·
Registered
Renault Zoé ZE50 R135 Intens
83 Posts
I heard you loud and clear. Maybe for others who aren't grasping: Imagine an analog guage, where the LOWEST number painted behind the needle is 12,9.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
22,728 Posts
At least it doesn't leave you stranded if you forget to close the boot properly...

·
30,795 Posts
At least it doesn't leave you stranded if you forget to close the boot properly...
But surely that's only because of the amount of noise and creaking that comes from the boot that reminds you every minute of every journey to check it, so it makes sure it is pretty difficult to forget that?

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 R135 Iconic
134 Posts
@donald, I wonder if your harsh opinion on the Zoe was formed because of a ZE40 (or older) model?

I have driven a ZE50 for 2,500 miles so far (and another road trip coming soon 🥳) and can't see that many faults in it...

1 - 20 of 31 Posts