Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed a lot that cars end up parked longer than needed to charge. Tesla tries to alleviate this issue by charging a fee for idle time. I am hoping to push the community into offering a simpler alternative:
Place the EV station at junction of 4 parking spots and allow the station to give off a signal (green) when car A has finished charging. In this way, drivers could unhook the charger from car A and plug it into theirs while knowing car A has received full charge.

It seems like too often charging stations are placed in locations where only 1 or at most 2 cars can feasibly connect. Far better to increase access and give a signal when charger can be unhooked and moved to another vehicle.

·
Registered
6,161 Posts
I've noticed a lot that cars end up parked longer than needed to charge. Tesla tries to alleviate this issue by charging a fee for idle time. I am hoping to push the community into offering a simpler alternative:
Place the EV station at junction of 4 parking spots and allow the station to give off a signal (green) when car A has finished charging. In this way, drivers could unhook the charger from car A and plug it into theirs while knowing car A has received full charge.

It seems like too often charging stations are placed in locations where only 1 or at most 2 cars can feasibly connect. Far better to increase access and give a signal when charger can be unhooked and moved to another vehicle.
Not sure whom this suggestion is aimed at.
As far as I know we don't have charger, charger installation and BEV auto makers actively involved in the forum.
In my country, we do have a EV association: join up to one of these and promote your ideas via a platform that has access to policy makers ( rather than a random internet forum).

·
Registered
Kia e-Niro 4 MY20, Zoe Z.E.50 GT Line
1,597 Posts
Mostly this would be dealt with through overstay fees. Charging a lot for every minute over 45 mins connected to a rapid charger seems to be something more sites are implementing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts