Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 40KWh Leaf is coming to the end of it's finance agreement in the next few months. It's been a great first electric car (for millions of people probably!), but I'm in the market for something new now.

The contenders so far are:

• Kia eNiro
  • e208 / e-Corsa (bit too small?)
  • Model 3 Standard Range (Worth the extra £££?)
  • ID.3
What would you guys pick? Obviously I'll give them all a test drive in a few months when rules allow!

·
Premium Member
2020 Corsa E
7,892 Posts
After the leaf the Corsa is quite small. I went from a 40 leaf to a Corsa. Rear passenger room is a bit poor in the Corsa. If you don't need it the extra fun factor of the Corsa makes up for it. Matrix LED headlights are really good. It is missing ACC though. Some of the e208 do have it.

i3 seems to be plagued with software issues so I'd be slightly concerned about that.

I'd probably get a Niro. Safe and sensible and the same size roughly as the Leaf.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Most of the software problems of the I'd.3 have been sorted out. I've no doubt it will get slicker with more functions now over the air updates have been enabled. It's definitely worth taking a look at one.

·
Registered
ID3 1st & e-Golf
5,850 Posts
It's all a personal choice but I've gone with an ID3, software issues and all.
It's not that bad and the latest software update that's just come out is supposed to sort things, but we will see.
It's my favourite BEV to drive so far, but it's only the fifth one I've owned.

·
Registered
18 Posts
We were in the same position recently and my wife, who had found the 40kwh was now getting <100 miles in the winter, wanted the same car with bigger battery. We got the ntec e+ for <£30k new. She likes buttons. She likes reliability. She likes heated seats and steering wheel. Pro pilot is predictable and works well.
She would have hated a Tesla which would have cost > £10k more.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Maybe take a look at the MG5 if you want more like 150 miles of winter motorway range and plenty of space. Lower tech but lower price.

The e208 is pretty tiny but quite a nice place to be. Range really isn't all that great. The E-Niro is the one I'd choose from your list, but they aren't cheap.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Dave, only you know what your needs are - we haven't a clue. Budget, range, charging infrastructure, rear seat and luggage space, charging speed, expectations regarding cabin luxury, fit & finish, personal style/taste, decision cut-off point ...There's always something better on the horizon!
In addition, are you looking to rent, buy with a view to keeping it a short or long time?
If you're honest with yourself and focus on the above, you could probably narrow it down greatly.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts