Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

I'm fixing up a salvaged 2018 e-Golf (yes I am mad). Just wondering if one of you good people could let me know the light sequencing of the front and rear indicators - is it standard as the petrol mk7?

I should add that it has the mirror pack (if that makes any difference)

Any info appreciated

Many thanks

·
Registered
158 Posts
Hi guys

I'm fixing up a salvaged 2018 e-Golf (yes I am mad). Just wondering if one of you good people could let me know the light sequencing of the front and rear indicators - is it standard as the petrol mk7?

I should add that it has the mirror pack (if that makes any difference)

Any info appreciated

Many thanks
Not sure if I've understood your question correctly.
The rear indicators on my e-golf are the animated type, the fronts are "normal" flashers.
My mk7 was "normal" front and rear.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Not sure if I've understood your question correctly.
The rear indicators on my e-golf are the animated type, the fronts are "normal" flashers.
My mk7 was "normal" front and rear.
Yes this is correct, the mk7 facelift never got dynamic OEM front LEDs as they were not around at the time. However they fixed this by changing the light cluster so that the DRLs were also indicators.
You can get aftermarket ones that do have dynamic turn signals but if your car has auto high beam or any kind of light level balancing you tend to lose the use of this on aftermarket parts.

An addition you can add to the front is to change the wing mirrors to be dynamic indicators like so:

These are the osram dynamic indicators which come as a clear white or dark tint (like in the video)

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Perfect guys - thanks for your responses- very helpful - I've just ordered a replacement wing mirror.

Next conundrum- if I replace the full roof with a roof with a panoramic, how much do you reckon the range will decrease, considering the roof adds approx 50kg...?

·
Registered
133 Posts
If of any help my Golf GTE with panoramic roof never showed more than 29 when acquired at six months and seemed to be around 27 four years later.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If of any help my Golf GTE with panoramic roof never showed more than 29 when acquired at six months and seemed to be around 27 four years later.
Thanks for your input - I previously had a GTE with panoramic roof and it also never displayed more than 29 miles, which would be about 88% - perhaps this is a weight issue (although I'm not sure anyone actually got 33!)

Maybe some calculation can be done

88% of 118 = 104mile range.

Very crude maths, but it will help with decision making. Much appreciated

1 - 7 of 7 Posts