Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to place an order for a new EVSE in the next few weeks. I was considering the Ohme Intelligent Charger but I've just been made aware about the Indra Smart Pro one. On paper it looks really good but I can't seem to find any reviews or youtube videos about it.

Anyone who has one who cares to give some feedback on the reliability and general features of it? Any bug bears or issues? What's the customer service and technical support like for Indra?

·
Registered
1,961 Posts

Feel free to ask me any questions

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
Looks very good, @Mike Schooling .

I like the Wagos, much better than screw terminals, IMHO. Interesting that you're using a Beaglebone SBC, too. Love the earth reference electrode solution for open PEN fault detection, that has to be the very best way of doing it, and significantly better that any other charge point I've seen. Sensing the actual risk (the touch voltage) like this has to be the very best way to do this, better even than connecting the installation as TT, with a full size earth electrode and RCD/RCBO. Doing it this way not only provides protection against a dangerous shock risk to humans, but, unlike a TT installation, or any other open PEN fault system I've seen, your approach will also protect pets (and dogs/cats etc are much more susceptible to electrocution that humans).

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mike. I had some issues setting a schedule and charging from solar feed. This is the reply I recieved.

Hi John

The platform team have been in touch after review. Here's there reply: (and a sorry to say I didn't realise sooner that you were using solar functions too)

• How the charger works:
    Based on Vehicle battery capacity, in this case 82kWh, and maximum charge rate of 32A (around 7.4kW( depending on voltage) ), the platforms calculates the charger needs around 11h to fully charge the EV. The charger cannot read the state of the charge of the EV battery, so it is assumed it is empty. That is why the platform starts sending full charging command to the SC 11h before Ready by time (RBT) defined in the schedule of the customer app. Also this charging commands would be sent up to 1h after RBT, to make sure EV is full. So if the customer plugs in EV up to 1h after RBT it will charge
  • Solar match opt in
    • If the customer opts in solar match mode, every time when the export to grid is higher than 1A and lasts for more than 1 minute the solar charging is triggered. The surplus energy would be diverted to the SC. However as SC minimum charge is 6A ( around 1.3kW) if the export to the grid is less than 6A then the difference would be topped up from the grid. if export is more than 6A and less than 32A, than all solar surplus energy would go to the SC and none from the grid. Once charging begins, it cannot stop until the EV battery is full, even if that means topping up from the grid during peak times. ( we still don’t have pause feature working )
    • as the RBT is prioritised, depending when the EV is plugged in, the charger may not wait for the surplus solar energy, so in this case it will start charging 11h before RBT
  • Off peak tariff - if the customer enters in the app multi rate tariff, and doesn't have selected solar match mode, then the charger will start charging at the beginning of the off-peak period with ful power, and reduce it to minimum charge of 6A ( ~1.3kW) on the beginning of the peak period and keep charging until the EV is full or disconnected
  • Solar match mode and multi rate tariffs are not compatible . If both are entered into the app the off peak will be ignored and charger will behave if only solar match mode is enabled.
If the customer prefers to charge during off-peak then there are a few options there (although we understand this is not ideal):
  • opt out of solar match mode so the charger will charge only during off-peak with full rate (and continue with reduced rate in peak until EV is disconnected or full)
  • use solar and off-peak tariff: this is laborus but can be done:
    • if the customer doesn't want full charging to start before offpeak - change RBT to be 12pm ( so the full charging to meet RBT doesn't start in peak period.)
    • every morning use customer app to opt in solar match , once there is no solar export opt out of solar match , disconnect the EV to stop the charging. now only multi rate tariff mode will be respected and the platform would start sending the charge commands exactly at 00:30when the off-peak starts ( keep in mind every change in the app could take up to 1h to take place)

Kind Regards,

The Homecharge Team

1 - 5 of 5 Posts