Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Leaf lover
4,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some people are able to evaluate purchasing a car on how much they will save on their motoring costs. It’s boring stuff for me and I am pretty sure if cost was the big factor I would not be driving my lovely blue Leaf as there are many good economical cars to be had these days.

So leaving aside practical issues you are left with the indulgence factor.

This comes in many guises and one of them applies particularly to early adopters. You want the car to succeed. You believe in what the manufacturer is doing and you are prepared to share the risk.

Looking back on cars I’ve bought many of the early ones understandably had little or no indulgence factor but much later particularly new vehicles, indulgence has been high.

All of this soul searching has come about because of considering having another Leaf sitting alongside number one. But that indulgence feeling, factor, whatever is just not there. Yes I would rush out and buy another Leaf if something happened to the first because second-hand they are a bargain.

However, add in the IF and I would (will) have the i3.

In what order would you put today’s ev (highest first) on their IFR?

·
Administrator
11,835 Posts
Hard to say, very personal.

Really I think it's probably Tesla top (because it's Tesla and ticks ALL the full BEV boxes), then probably BMW i range, because it's different and quite "cool", I found the ZOE more appealing than the LEAF (just not as good for me and the family) and then the newcomers, I think the e-Up! is a cool little EV and the e-Golf too, but for those I think the price detracts somewhat. The Outlander PHEV is obviously ticking a lot of boxes for people on being desirable, different, and comes with a plug.

Complicated question which I've largely failed to answer. But a good one all the same. :D

·
Premium Member
1,579 Posts
Tesla Roadster top – it would be a totally indulgent choice for me.

I love the Tesla Model S, but going for such a large car would be a compromise I don't want to make, so that wouldn't make my list. Probably the i3 is second – the technology is well thought out and it would fit my needs well. Leaf third and fourth place would be a toss-up between the e-Up and Zoe.

·
SU-EV convert
Jaguar iPace 2020
367 Posts
Model S for me, if I could comfortably afford one, I'd never stretch my finances for that. Next is Outlander :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts