Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Kia E-niro 4+
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if it's possible to change what's on the home screen on the infotainment? I don't mean the screensaver clock, but the one where you swipe left from the screen with the icons on it.

Mine has the time and weather - which is nice; but it also has a map, in dark mode with a great big GPS arrow on it. With the summer lighting, all I can see is the huge arrow on the screen when driving, which seems a bit pointless!

I can't find anywhere in the various menus that allows me to change what or how is displayed here..

·
Registered
Kia E-niro 4+
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow... Great design! A bit of black electrical tape over the arrow and it would be my perfect home screen!

·
Registered
Kia e-Niro 4+
10 Posts
I'm glad someone else asked this ! I kept meaning to dig down into the settings to change this but kept forgetting.

It does seem a real odd design choice - I guess the darkened map is the default to save as much energy as possible ? This is what the screen switches to if you go into ECO+ mode at least. Would have been useful to override this though.

·
Registered
449 Posts
I think you can turn the mode to automatic, so you aren't in dark mode during the day, I see the map in addition to the arrow, but it is pretty faint.

Greg

·
Registered
77 Posts
Just forget about that screen and choose the combination of two widgets that best suits your needs. In my case, it's big media - small EV.

·
Registered
Kia e-Niro 4+
10 Posts
agree, it's no biggy, but it does look like a bug more than anything else.

Am I right that you can't split screen with CarPlay ? Ideally you'd want 2/3 CP, 1/3 EV or whatever.

·
Registered
Kia E-niro 4+
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just have the screen off more often than not. Sometimes it’s handy to have a clock that is easy to view for the passengers, which is when that screen gets pulled up.

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020
2,638 Posts
agree, it's no biggy, but it does look like a bug more than anything else.

Am I right that you can't split screen with CarPlay ? Ideally you'd want 2/3 CP, 1/3 EV or whatever.
I agree, for me the start up screen is the equivalent of the lock screen on a tablet/smartphone. And I prefer to use any of the apps, according to my needs, satnav or radio being the most commonly used.

By the way, the latest firmware can handle split screen of phone projection, e.g. Android Auto or CarPlay (2/3) with any of the apps on the rest. Again, EV is my choice.

·
Registered
Kia E Niro 4
314 Posts
I just hit the Media button, so I can see what track and album I'm set to at the moment, the other third shows battery and range.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Sometimes it’s handy to have a clock that is easy to view for the passengers
A clock can be displayed in the right of the screen...

Simply scroll that portion of the screen to display it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts