Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,641 Posts
Condensation or liquid behind the touch surface? Does the "bubble" move around if you press on it?

Have you been cleaning the screen and got a bit carried away?

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
The Leaf screen is a bit of nightmare. Any liquid will run down the screen and into the electrics at the bottom. I had to dry mine out after cleaning the glass with window cleaning spray.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Condensation or liquid behind the touch surface? Does the "bubble" move around if you press on it?

The 'bubble' doesn't move. The weather is damp here and the car doesn't get used much but . . .

Have you been cleaning the screen and got a bit carried away?
Nope

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
I think it's condensation underneath the resistive touchscreen digitiser layer, brought out by the cold weather. Heat it up a bit (screen on bright, AC/heater on) and see if it clears.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I went out to the car this morning to set about drying the display and found the 'patch' had gone!

·
Registered
46 Posts
This happened to me last Friday, really cold morning, drove for 30 mins and noticed a mist patch under the infotainment screen. It appeared after the screen had been switched on for a while. I guessed it was just standard condensation (our Skoda Fabia Mk3 does it).

My solution was to press the infotainment open/tilt, switch on the heather 25C then turn mode to face blowers and angle the two middle airflow vents down onto the screen, gone on 5 seconds!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts