Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two weeks in and a few questions to the experienced owners

voice control , lots of sorry I don’t recognise that and things that used to work (I’m cold) it stops recognising ?

is the sat nav map 3D

can you set the charge to start/stop at a time to take advantage of lower rates I only seem able to set a departure time then have to calculate %s back

apart from that it’s a lovely car

·
Registered
ID.4 1st edition (previously Mitsubishi outlander PHEV)
494 Posts
Stopped using voice control as it doesnt work for me most of the time. My wife has even bigger problems as she has an irish accent!
HOWEVER, when I use apple carplay... then I can use siri and that works fine.
and it is more relevant for me as I really just need to to make calls and read and write text messages.

No Im not aware of the map being 3D, so would be curious if it is a setting thing.

YES to charge times... I do it from the charger rather than the car, this is because I dont want to be caught out if I am at a public charger, or I need to boost the charge.
However there is a setting in the screen for setting the charge times. RIght now cant remember where as Im not at the car!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Stopped using voice control as it doesnt work for me most of the time. My wife has even bigger problems as she has an irish accent!
HOWEVER, when I use apple carplay... then I can use siri and that works fine.
and it is more relevant for me as I really just need to to make calls and read and write text messages.

No Im not aware of the map being 3D, so would be curious if it is a setting thing.

YES to charge times... I do it from the charger rather than the car, this is because I dont want to be caught out if I am at a public charger, or I need to boost the charge.
However there is a setting in the screen for setting the charge times. RIght now cant remember where as Im not at the car!
Thanks Tigga , voice control was ok when first had it, recognised I’m hot, I’m cold etc but slowly more commands are “sorry that command isn’t available“ and the more I have it the more voice commands become unavailable

I think I’ll use the charger to see if that works , I have the EO charger , I’ll see if that works

·
Registered
ID.4 1st edition (previously Mitsubishi outlander PHEV)
494 Posts
EO should do it from the app...

The EO Mini Smart Home comes with an app so that you can start, stop and schedule charging from the palm of your hand.
  • Smartphone control - start, stop and lock your charger remotely
  • Schedule charging - schedule when you want your car to charge
  • Money savings - select your energy tariff (certain tariffs integrated) and let the app automatically work out the cheapest time to charge your EV
  • Monitoring and Reporting - track your energy consumption and list a charging session as a business expense
  • Solar matching capability - allow your EV to be powered by solar energy

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
EO should do it from the app...

The EO Mini Smart Home comes with an app so that you can start, stop and schedule charging from the palm of your hand.
  • Smartphone control - start, stop and lock your charger remotely
  • Schedule charging - schedule when you want your car to charge
  • Money savings - select your energy tariff (certain tariffs integrated) and let the app automatically work out the cheapest time to charge your EV
  • Monitoring and Reporting - track your energy consumption and list a charging session as a business expense
  • Solar matching capability - allow your EV to be powered by solar energy
Yes basic app but having looked in more detail there seems to be a start and stop charging timer

1 - 6 of 6 Posts