Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning I sat in the car, closed the door and pressed the power button twice, not pressing the brake pedal. The first display shows the car from above and the four seats. The driver's seat and two rear seats are shown as partly red in colour. See photograph below.

Half an hour later I came back to the car and did the same thing. Only the rear seats were partly red this time!

Has anyone had the same display and if so does anyone know what the red colour means?

Red Seats.JPG

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had considered that but discounted it as the front passenger seat is not red and the seat belt there is not on (or faulty censor). I will check again.

·
Registered
36 Posts
On the display you posted it's only showing the driver's seat red. Which is what it shows when I sit in it. When I put the belt on it goes. Don't know why the rear seats are red though.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The image I posted shows all seats red except the passenger seat on the left (UK vehicle). I was sitting in the front right seat with belt not used.

I have just checked in the car with all seatbelts. There are actually three areas that show up red in the back, one for each seat (belt) position. I have tested all and are all working. The red colour disappears when the bests are connected.

The driver seat also shown no red when the belt is secured. However the left passenger seat never shows red with or without the belt connected.

I think I have a fault there!

·
Registered
36 Posts
My take, is that there should be no lights lit unless someone is sitting in the seat. Which is why I didn't know why the rear lights were lit. Was anyone sitting in the passenger seat.

·
Registered
875 Posts
The image I posted shows all seats red except the passenger seat on the left (UK vehicle). I was sitting in the front right seat with belt not used.

I have just checked in the car with all seatbelts. There are actually three areas that show up red in the back, one for each seat (belt) position. I have tested all and are all working. The red colour disappears when the bests are connected.

The driver seat also shown no red when the belt is secured. However the left passenger seat never shows red with or without the belt connected.

I think I have a fault there!
In some cars, the front passenger seatbelt sensor can be switched off to allow for fitting a baby seat. Maybe check your manual?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Further clarification!

Yes, there was no one in the front passenger seat. I sat in the passenger seat and it turned red on the display and went off when I fastened the seatbelt. So that makes sense. The drivers seat is displayed as red whether or not I am sitting in the drivers seat. This is the case for all back seats too.

It appears, at least on my car, the rear seat sensors are on all the time as with the drivers seat. Only the front passenger seat is pressure sensitive.

Does anyone have a different display scenario?

I will be visiting the dealer next week to ask a few questions so may have a look at both of their demo cars to compare. No detail about this in the owners handbook as far as I see.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Ok, driver and passenger in front seats and all red light on. Driver and passenger put belts on and front lights go out, but rear ones stay on all the time. If you put the belts on in the back the lights go out. So it would seem the rear seat don't have a sensor to tell if there is anyone sitting in them.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Freddy - thanks for checking! It appears that that is the case with mine. After driving it today the constant driver seatbelt light has returned to normal and operates as you describe. Yes, maybe no pressure sensors in rear seat. Will confirm after I check the two demo models at my local dealer.

·
Zoe Devotee
7,949 Posts
Anyone noticed if the white car on the dash is white for just white cars, and the colour of the car its in for other cars? Probably just white for all, but thought it worth checking.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts