Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I know these are difficult times for all of us. As soon as things go slowly back to normal I'll be moving and am looking for an installer/electrician to move my home charger (uninstall it and then install it at my new home). Can anyone recommend a company/electrician in Milton Keynes area?

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
The straightforward answer is that I can't.
However, would you not be eligible for another OLEV grant at your new property and hence would it not be more cost effective to put a new unit in?

·
Registered
244 Posts
However, would you not be eligible for another OLEV grant at your new property and hence would it not be more cost effective to put a new unit in?
The OLEV grant is attached to the car, not the property, move house and you have to pay the full price for the new charger as I found out last year!

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Interesting. That's not the case when it is a new owner, but I stand corrected. :rolleyes: My current car has had three owners all of whom have claimed the grant or its forerunner.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Interesting. That's not the case when it is a new owner, but I stand corrected. :rolleyes: My current car has had three owners all of whom have claimed the grant or its forerunner.
Sorry, you are right, the OLEV is attached to the car owner rather than the car. Buy a new EV - claim the OLEV grant and have fitted at you're house. Move house with same car, can't claim again, have to buy a charger. Move house and buy another EV then can claim the grant again. Move house and transfer the EV to your wife's name, can claim the OLEV grant.
To be fair not much cost difference for me when I moved house between paying the excess after OLEV grant c/w paying for new charge point and installation outright because the installer just pockets most of the OLEV grant.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hello,

I know these are difficult times for all of us. As soon as things go slowly back to normal I'll be moving and am looking for an installer/electrician to move my home charger (uninstall it and then install it at my new home). Can anyone recommend a company/electrician in Milton Keynes area?
Hi Marek
Try these guys.
Very helpful to me with a home charger install. Had a couple of challenges to overcome. They are based in Oxfordshire so not far from MK.
(y)

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Move house and transfer the EV to your wife's name, can claim the OLEV grant.
To be fair not much cost difference for me when I moved house between paying the excess after OLEV grant c/w paying for new charge point and installation outright because the installer just pockets most of the OLEV grant.
Even more the case after the reduction in the OLEV grant so my original advice had a further flaw.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Interesting idea. I haven't thougt of that ;-)
I had this charger installed five years ago. Am I eligible for a new one?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The OLEV grant is attached to the car, not the property, move house and you have to pay the full price for the new charger as I found out last year!
I had the charger installed five years ago when I bought a Leaf (which I don't have any more). I bought Ampera from a private seller almost four years ago. Would I be able to get a new charger with an OLEV grant?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sorry, you are right, the OLEV is attached to the car owner rather than the car. Buy a new EV - claim the OLEV grant and have fitted at you're house. Move house with same car, can't claim again, have to buy a charger. Move house and buy another EV then can claim the grant again. Move house and transfer the EV to your wife's name, can claim the OLEV grant.
So if I bought a charger with OLEV grant when I bought a Leaf five years ago and now I've had Ampera for almost four years, would I still be able to get an OLEV grant when I move? How could I check that?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi Marek
Try these guys.
Very helpful to me with a home charger install. Had a couple of challenges to overcome. They are based in Oxfordshire so not far from MK.
(y)
Thank you. I've just sent them an email ;-)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts