Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've had a v1 tethered Zappi installed for a couple of years now & looking to get a second EV now we're approaching normality and will need to return to having a second car.

We'll often need both cars charged overnight so will need two chargers, but I'll be limited in supply.

I've currently got a 60A fuse but will be upgrading to 100A, but already I can get to 80/90 overnight when the car and home battery is charging (which I did together once, that's how I found out I've only got a 60A fuse!)

So, to feasibly run a second charger I expect to need to limit the total charge current between them to that of a single charger.

Are there any solutions which support this? I.e. if only one is plugged in, will charge at 7kW. If 2 are plugged in and need charging, 3.5kW each until one is full - allowing other to get back up to 7kW

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
A second Zappi would be your obvious choice.

As well as controlling maximum demand you should be able to prioritise one Zappi over the other.

You may need to buy a MyEnergi hub as well as the second Zappi to allow the Zappis to talk to each other. If you are getting an OLEV grant install it will include the hub anyway.

·
Premium Member
11,448 Posts
PodPoint fit load monitoring as standard so is an affordable choice. Charging will reduce or pause when house is drawing a lot, but hopefully overnight charging of both cars would be OK.

Reactions: zapdos
1 - 4 of 4 Posts