Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 197 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It seems there's a new Instavolt app on Android and IOS; just in case anyone wanted to make the simple process more convoluted to get the authentic EV charging feel...

Anyway, there's a referral scheme for a free £5 credit if anyone fancies signing up.

[Please use one of the referral codes below]

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I've just seen in the T&C that you need to do a 10kWh charge to unlock the credit:
The referrer and referee credits will be applied when the referee has made a Recharge of at least 10 kWh.

·
Registered
2018 e-Golf
808 Posts
what does it do?

Reactions: EdH

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
what does it do?
It's another way of starting and paying for a charge, using your phone rather than contactless payment. It will give you VAT receipts, which might be useful for some. I suspect it gives Instavolt more profit because it allows VAT to be charged at 5% not 20%. It also gives you a free £5 credit after your first 10kWh charge if you sign up with a referral code.

·
Registered
2020 Honda e Advance Platinum White Pearl on 17s
357 Posts
Thanks for the heads up, we used InstaVolt recently for the very first time using the ChargePoint App. InstaVolt App now installed on my phone and my wife’s. Referral code used for both.

Reactions: Petriix

·
evezy referral code d6540
3,494 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Can a referral code be used twice? How does the referral scheme work? Do you just download the app and register?

·
Registered
338 Posts
It seems there's a new Instavolt app on Android and IOS; just in case anyone wanted to make the simple process more convoluted to get the authentic EV charging feel...

Anyway, there's a referral scheme for a free £5 credit if anyone fancies signing up. My referral code is WOGKs
I've used your code heres mine if anyone would like to use it 👍

hnEHy

·
Registered
338 Posts
Can a referral code be used twice? How does the referral scheme work? Do you just download the app and register?
Download add details, payment and on the last page you can add a code. Charges your card £1.

·
Registered
MG EZS 2020
4,880 Posts
Do you have to pre-load it with credit?

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I believe it's limited to 10 referrals, then the referrer won't get any more credit but the referree will still benefit.

·
Premium Member
2020 Corsa E
7,756 Posts
You can also get an RFID card via the app. I'm waiting for that. Ordered one just after Xmas as Instavolt didn't like either of the normal contactless cards I tried.

1 - 20 of 197 Posts