Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
No sign of these chargers, Ive asked Instavolt about them but received no feedback at all.
Instavolt installed 4 at Stocksbridge Fox Valley last year and they tooks months to go live. Asked IV about them and was told would be online soon, think its lack of power to site not IV.

·
Premium Member
3,311 Posts
They often do take a while to be commissioned.

I’m still waiting for the 8 at Necton on the A47 near Swaffhan to be switched on. I understand it’s a DNO issue.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Wonder what happens to their other local 2 they had near there...
And wonder how much they are going to charge for these 250kw units, maybe they will still have chademo and have sourced the cooled chademo cables to allow higher output...

·
Premium Member
10,672 Posts
maybe they will still have chademo and have sourced the cooled chademo cables to allow higher output...
To charge what? I think the previous Soul could do more than 50kwh but no European Leaf can...

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
It can and indeed does, numerous records of people getting over 60kw with their leaf and some as high as 78kw but limited by the cooling not existing in the cable.

·
Registered
609 Posts
I’m not a great fan of government intervention but there is a clear case for oversight of the MSA network to ensure that it is providing an effective service and this should include EV charging. To allow EH the real estate to provide chargers that are often out of action or just no good on CCS is ridiculous. The Banbury Instavolt installation is great news; pity it couldn’t be done 4 years ago.

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
I’m not a great fan of government intervention but there is a clear case for oversight of the MSA network to ensure that it is providing an effective service and this should include EV charging. To allow EH the real estate to provide chargers that are often out of action or just no good on CCS is ridiculous. The Banbury Instavolt installation is great news; pity it couldn’t be done 4 years ago.
The government document here Electric car charging points UK: government sets out vision for nationwide network says crucially that all types of electric vehicle will be catered for. That presumably means CHAdeMO, CCS and AC.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts