Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick survey today of Polar and Instavolt RAPID chargers using Zap map in my area mainly Hants.

Polar 13 chargers, all singles - 3 not working
Instavolt 12 chargers, 6x doubles - 1 not working

So Instavolt more working chargers and vastly increased chance of getting a charge and contactless.

I also feel that the capacity factors on the Instavolt is greater but i do not have the time for that.

PS I feel the other charging cos are doomed as their performances are worse and not fit for purpose.

·
Registered
4,320 Posts
Yep, I think most people on here would agree that Instavolt are very good. I've used them a lot in the last two years. A little on the pricey side perhaps but charging an EV is still cheap and often redundancy, reliablity and no strings contactless payment are more important than charging as cheaply as possible.

·
Registered
4,362 Posts
The curse of the BP Chargemaster takeover coming home to roost? According to some employees that I know the "efficiency" savings required to get the ROI are quite harsh.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Instavolt - great when they were free - still great now. I plan all my journeys to use Instavolt whenever I can. I don't have a Polar or any otther card but have got the PodPoint app. Thats all I need.

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
If only Instavolt did an optional subscription to give lower cost charging for people without home charging then Polar would not have an advantage for anyone.

·
Registered
7,181 Posts
If only Instavolt did an optional subscription.................................
That's the last thing we want.

Instavolt's policy of providing superb reliability with any contactless bank card is key to their success. The price is very competitive for the service provided. And more and more EV drivers are selecting them on road trips where reliability is paramount. They operate just like any liquid fuel sales and any suggestion of joining a 'club' would be a backwards step just as it would be for a fossil fuel pump.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Instavolt's policy of providing superb reliability with any contactless bank card is key to their success. The price is very competitive for the service provided. And more and more EV drivers are selecting them on road trips where reliability is paramount. They operate just like any liquid fuel sales and any suggestion of joining a 'club' would be a backwards step just as it would be for fossil fuel pump.
I know, good job Kirby Lonsdale has 4, 2 Tesla and my Ioniq all together. Shame about the Tesla sitting there full and drawing a tiny current though, should have moved on?
Still not found one with all pumps blocked yet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts