Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just informed the insurance company about the impending delivery of my 4+. The company is LV=
The assistant told me that as the car is electric, should I run out of electrons on a journey, the policy covers me to be towed to the nearest charging point at no charge (ha ha - see what I did there?) and it would not affect the no claims bonus.
Just thought this might be of interest to fellow forum members.
DISCLAIMER : I have no connection with LV= apart from having my insurance policy with them.
Silverback

Registered
Just informed the insurance company about the impending delivery of my 4+. The company is LV=
The assistant told me that as the car is electric, should I run out of electrons on a journey, the policy covers me to be towed to the nearest charging point at no charge (ha ha - see what I did there?) and it would not affect the no claims bonus.
DISCLAIMER : I have no connection with LV= apart from having my insurance policy with them.
Silverback
Yes, I also had an LV policy last year which also had this benefit 馃憤

Sadly, as seems to be all to common with insurers, the premium for renewal shot-up higher than a spaceX rocket, so naturally I jettisoned and took my business elsewhere..

Insurers just don't get-it do they? Surely it would be in their best interests to retain an existing customer rather than searching for new ones.馃

Loyal customer rip-offs seem to be a trend these days馃ゴ

Reactions: Nick Heenan

Registered
2017 Golf GTE
Silverback
I went to some trouble to get an LV policy for my ID3 so that I can have that benefit. When I posted on here, it was pointed out that the VW ID range come with free 3 years of recovery insurance.

It's still a good idea in general, though.

Registered
Yes, I also had an LV policy last year which also had this benefit 馃憤

Sadly, as seems to be all to common with insurers, the premium for renewal shot-up higher than a spaceX rocket, so naturally I jettisoned and took my business elsewhere..

Insurers just don't get-it do they? Surely it would be in their best interests to retain an existing customer rather than searching for new ones.馃

Loyal customer rip-offs seem to be a trend these days馃ゴ
A little off-subject but I have a tip for you.
I have a multi-car policy with Admiral, and looking around for a good deal on insurance I got a quote from comparethemarket.com only to find that for the eNiro, Admiral offered the best price.
So I got on the phone to Admiral (as an existing customer) and asked them for a quote for the new car, only to find that their direct quote to me WAS NEARLY DOUBLE that I obtained from comparethemarket.com. In discussion it became clear that they offer a much reduced price to new customers, and then clobber them with the "normal" premium a year later at renewal.
This said, since the eNiro was to be an additional vehicle on my policy they agreed to honour the advertised price for "new" customers.
So for 12 months at least, I saved myself around 拢600 in insurance costs !
I totally agree with you that most insurance companies rip-off existing customers, and I believe it's high time the Ombudsman stepped in to put an end to this practice,

Registered
Kia e-Niro 4+ Yacht Blue. Jan 2021
I totally agree with you that most insurance companies rip-off existing customers, and I believe it's high time the Ombudsman stepped in to put an end to this practice,
They are looking into it.........

Registered
E-Niro 64kWh '4' since 9/20 (was Prius)
The trouble might then be that we all pay the higher prices all the time! We might lose the competitive new customer discounts altogether! Whilst it鈥檚 a royal PITA having to shop around every year and switch as required, it has saved me thousands of pounds over many years. Loyalty counts for zilch these days. Confused.com has always been my go to compare site. Peter

1 - 6 of 6 Posts