Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the impending arrival of the Project 45 this week has anyone investigated the availability and cost of insurance yet?
There always seems to be initial caution from providers and high premiums, so any info regarding companies and prices would be very helpful.

·
Registered
Ioniq 5 Ultimate
2,618 Posts
Not looked yet, but at our age its not likely to be to high. I would be surprised if any company has prices yet. Polestar 2 or ipace insurance costs might give a clue though.

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Not available online yet with many insurers, have to phone to get a quote. Assuming it'll be less than the M3P.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Just had to renew my KIA Stinger Insurance for another year due to delay of the P45 (even though I only need another month of cover), gone with LV and will change over and pay any difference when they have the details for the P45. The Stinger is Group 40 and the P45 is group 44p, My Stinger cost £453 fully comp with protection, legal etc but not breakdown - I assume it will be more (I am 61 with clean licence over 40 years full NCD). LV said if for any reason they do not have it listed (hopefully they should have soon) they just pick something similar and price from there......

·
Registered
Hyundai IONIQ 5 Project 45 LR AWD
10 Posts
My existing broker, through IAM, could not get a quote from any of the insurers they deal with. I tried LV and they did not have it listed, so also would not quote. I eventually got a reasonable quote from Admiral, for only a small increase from my current PHEV, despite the higher value of the P45.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I have cancelled my P45 but out of interest last weekend I checked the Moneysupermarket Car Insurance site and found all variants, including the P45 listed.

As everybody has different circumstances I will not quote figures but they were a lot less than expected. This in respect of an Ioniq 5 RWD Ulimate.

That said, Saga were best by a country mile - in fact more than 10% cheaper than the premium I pay elsewhere for my Kona Electric. Too good to be true perhaps!

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have cancelled my P45 but out of interest last weekend I checked the Moneysupermarket Car Insurance site and found all variants, including the P45 listed.

As everybody has different circumstances I will not quote figures but they were a lot less than expected. This in respect of an Ioniq 5 RWD Ulimate.

That said, Saga were best by a country mile - in fact more than 10% cheaper than the premium I pay elsewhere for my Kona Electric. Too good to be true perhaps!
I tried a comparison site a couple of weeks ago, and where it would normally bring up 70 or so quotes, it only brought up 5. AXA and General Accident we’re both about £380 and the other two I had never heard of were £700 plus.

I am guessing that the majority of companies have not banded the ioniq 5 so did not offer quotes. Hopefully, in the next couple of weeks as the cars start filtering through, this will change.

·
Registered
Ioniq 5 Ultimate
2,618 Posts
Just had a look on compare the market and pleasantly surprised the P45 is only 10% more than our Soul to insure. All the models were listed too.

Reactions: skr1

·
Registered
17 Posts

Was your P45 order via a dealer , and if so would you mind letting me know which? id be happy to step in if its still on the boat!

·
Registered
370 Posts
Was your P45 order via a dealer , and if so would you mind letting me know which? id be happy to step in if its still on the boat!
Mine was reserved and cancelled with the special Hyundai Team at Leatherhead HQ.

This was a White one with light interior but several weeks ago so probably reallocated by now.

You could try …[email protected] or phone 03443 460 126 to see if any P45’s left.

If you phone the best person to speak to is Laura. Good luck.

·
Registered
Ioniq 5 Ultimate
2,618 Posts
Mine was reserved and cancelled with the special Hyundai Team at Leatherhead HQ.

This was a White one with light interior but several weeks ago so probably reallocated by now.

You could try …[email protected] or phone 03443 460 126 to see if any P45’s left.

If you phone the best person to speak to is Laura. Good luck.
Sounds like the P45 we nabbed off Wilsons last week.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I've just looked at Moneysupermarket and can't find the P45 or any Ioniq 5, the only Ioniq listed is the original Ioniq Hybrid/EV/PHEV etc, but I have found the cheapest P45 insurance for me is with Saga on Comparethemarket at £540, I also had a look at Hyundai Insurance for a laugh and was quoted £1750, think I will be going with Saga unless I find cheaper before the P45 is delivered which depending on who you ask at Hyundai or the latest email from VIP is either next week or by the end of August.

Update. Just had a look on Saga's web site and it's £459 for the same insurance, can't believe it's cheaper going direct:)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts