Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just insured the new PHEV. Tried More Than (who covered my Kia Picanto it replaced) - wouldn't insure it.!!!Guessing it "isn't on the system". Last year's premium for Kia was just under £200.
Anyhow, once I got over my surprise with More Than, I tried Mitsubishi (£520), Confused (£340) and the Meerkat (£300 - after selling the pesky toy on ebay for an estimated £20).However then tried Aviva which came in much cheaper at around £215.
Consequently gone with them. Surprised how much cheaper they were particularly as I am replacing a £6k car with a £34k one.
Clearly everyone is different but purpose of the post is to suggest that they may be worth adding to the usual suspects for anyone sorting insurance in the near future.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
I'm using quotemehappy which is basically Aviva.
Slightly cheaper then the Nissan quote - when it worked that is :)

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
We are using Admiral multi-car... pretty good prices for EVs and PHEVs and pretty good service too.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Saga refused to cover ev's (despite website giving quote !) So we went with Renault own branded cover to be safe on battery value / lease issue. (Premium £240)
Complained to ombudsman about saga and they have offered £45 com-pen-pay-shun :) all helps bring down the cost of EV motoring lol.

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
I always find Sheila's Wheels/eSure (same group) good value.

Am hearing bad things about Saga. My mother is with them and they used some REALLY dodgy up-selling tactics on her. Probably not a case for the Ombudsman but for a niche market provider, they certainly preyed on the fears of an old lady. Despicable!!

Reactions: kentish zoe

·
Registered
5,063 Posts
Fwiw, my Volt is insured with LV and the last renewal was £181.06, apart from ncd there's a discount because my wife's car is also insured through them, and a discount for CSMA membership though at £19 for CSMA membership the 10% discount is now at best neutral for me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts