Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to get my first car in the UK and it will be an i3 with range extender. The car will be hired through a business contract hire on a Limited Company I own. I am having more than one headache with the insurance quote though.

I have tried Direct Line and Confused.com to get a quote, but both seem to provide little or no help, they can't get me a quote with the details I input. I haven't got the registration number yet, and I have no NCB information in the UK. I have been driving a car in Italy for 15 years and I had no accident claims there, but I believe I won't be able to use my NCB certificate from abroad.

Any tips to get an insurance quote when the car is owned by the business?

·
Banned
1,336 Posts
I'm looking to get my first car in the UK and it will be an i3 with range extender. The car will be hired through a business contract hire on a Limited Company I own. I am having more than one headache with the insurance quote though.

I have tried Direct Line and Confused.com to get a quote, but both seem to provide little or no help, they can't get me a quote with the details I input. I haven't got the registration number yet, and I have no NCB information in the UK. I have been driving a car in Italy for 15 years and I had no accident claims there, but I believe I won't be able to use my NCB certificate from abroad.

Any tips to get an insurance quote when the car is owned by the business?
My father in law moved here from South Africa last year and was able to use proof of no claims of 4 years from his SA insurance company to get a 4 year NCB on a new policy with his SA driving licence (now swapped for a UK one) via Aviva via an online quote. Cost him £500 for a 2002 BMW 320iSE for fully comp.

But he was an individual using our home address as they were living with us, not a business. But Avivia seemed to accept and scanned copy of his SA insurance showing 4 years NCB as ok proof to give him the same. However the SA document would have been in English, so maybe a lzy clerk could read it and wasn't bothered so just passed it. I'm sure and Italian text insurance document would stop them in their tracks. Maybe suggest the use a moble with google translate to read it!!

M

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks @volt69 ! I will try and see if they accept my NCB from Italy, but I'm still not sure about getting an insurance for the company as opposed to an individual.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts