Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The new (today) octopus iOS app allows you to apply and test INtelligent Octopus for not only Tesla but also some VW Ford and a couple of other brands EV’s (very frustratingly for me NOT the Vw id’s… 😠).
it also looks like it integrates with loads of different chargers (over 30 by my reckoning).
Looks like a big step forward in its rollout/application.

personally if it worked for my ID3 it’d be brilliant as there would be none of the charged timing nonsense - just plug in and let Octopus do the rest.

·
Registered
MG5
1,448 Posts
My account still says just Tesla?

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I wanted to ‘test’ my iD3 pretending it was an egolf 😁 but after selecting car and charger you then have to press a change tarrif button before it lets you test… so I bottled out.

·
Registered
2022 Tesla Model 3LR
1,977 Posts
can it work with any car with a compatible charger? I assumed for my tesla it controls the car to demand charge (so the charger doesn’t matter, it acts like a scheduled charge set from the car would)

but if you have an incompatible car and it can control the charger instead that could give you more options?

·
EV Convert
2020 iPace HSE.
846 Posts
I'm on Go Faster, 5.5p / 14.1p. My renewal's coming up. Offer is 8.5p / 30.something :(

Interested in the Intelligent Octopus, that could work if we had a compatible car and/or charger, but it wonpt let me sign up. Jag and Ohme.

·
Registered
Skoda Enyaq iV60
205 Posts
Do you need to be signed up for some special news letter from Octopus to get this information?
I’ve been with them now for +8 months, been on Go since November, and the only mail or info I’ve received, was every other supplier was going bust

·
Registered
R̵e̵n̵a̵u̵l̵t̵ ̵Z̵o̵e̵ ̵Z̵E̵5̵0̵ → Fiat New 500
676 Posts
it also looks like it integrates with loads of different chargers (over 30 by my reckoning).
Where are you seeing that?
Just updated the app and it only shows the Ohme and Wallbox logos, and as Coming Soon anyway 🤔

Reactions: Harry6

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Where are you seeing that?
Just updated the app and it only shows the Ohme and Wallbox logoes, and under Coming Soon anyway 🤔
If you go to the IO part of the app - there is a test/switch option. You can select your brand of car (try any to see what happens) and then select chargers…

·
Registered
R̵e̵n̵a̵u̵l̵t̵ ̵Z̵o̵e̵ ̵Z̵E̵5̵0̵ → Fiat New 500
676 Posts
If you go to the IO part of the app - there is a test/switch option. You can select your brand of car (try any to see what happens) and then select chargers…
At this point I wonder if we're talking about different apps. I'm looking at this one and I don't have any section named IO or anything similar - but I can see Intelligent Octopus on the Home tab, under "Explore our Lab". If I select that option and then "Get Started", I see the same as in the screenshot posted by @Border_all, and scrolling down further the "Coming Soon" section with the Ohme and Wallbox logos.

What is really puzzling is that the same set of logos (minus Ford, perhaps) was present on the Intelligent webpage until recently, but it's now been reduced to just Tesla under "Works with", and just Wallbox under "More compatible chargers coming soon". It looks like Octopus don't know what to expect from their partner brands either...

Which sucks because I was really looking forward to Intelligent as my tariff once my switch to Octopus is complete... looks like Go (or Go Faster if that's still a thing) will have to suffice for now.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts