Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
BTW, My "4" delivered Thursday appears to have this feature on the dash, not just the warning signs, and seems to be picking up from camera, not gps. How do I know, tempoary roadworks for this bank holiday weekend alone on a section of the A14 that the dash picked up as 40 correctly.

I thought this was due to be a 4+ feature, and thought I'd let people knowing the 4 appears to in my case in a this Thursday delivery have thefeature.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh I'd also add I hadn't activated Uvo at the time, so it DID not get this from live traffic.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Ignore me you are right it is this according to another model brochure.

Intelligent Speed Limit Warning (ISLW)
This feature uses a camera and navigation system to read speed limit signs along the road, and displays them beside the speedometer and on the navigation screen. Optional on EX models.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Yes, sometimes it's not so intelligent. For example, at a mini roundabout where one of the roads might have a speed restriction of, say 20 mph, the camera 'sees' this and if you keep going round, past the 20mph turn-off, the car assumes the speed limit is 20mph and this is displayed on the dash.

·
Registered
63 Posts
BTW, My "4" delivered Thursday appears to have this feature on the dash, not just the warning signs, and seems to be picking up from camera, not gps. How do I know, tempoary roadworks for this bank holiday weekend alone on a section of the A14 that the dash picked up as 40 correctly.

I thought this was due to be a 4+ feature, and thought I'd let people knowing the 4 appears to in my case in a this Thursday delivery have thefeature.
Is this standard on 4 models? I can't seem to see it on mine.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I had an interesting one last Week, it popped up a 63 MPH limit near a temporary speed camera in a 40 zone. Next time it was back to 40 MPH when the camera was gone - I suspect a Tom Tom user had submitted the wrong details when reporting the camera

·
Registered
212 Posts
Yes, sometimes it's not so intelligent. For example, at a mini roundabout where one of the roads might have a speed restriction of, say 20 mph, the camera 'sees' this and if you keep going round, past the 20mph turn-off, the car assumes the speed limit is 20mph and this is displayed on the dash.
I had this problem with my i3

·
Registered
60 Posts
Is this the UK 4? I can't seem to see it or find a setting for it. It's not where the manual states it should be. Also, can GPS speed be displayed on the drivers display?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
UK 4 -> and didn't need to set a setting, was on as default when received car, even worked without Uvo being enabled/any data pieces on (ie, car had zero connectivity).

No idea on GPS speed, it only shows on nav screen for me.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Havn't been in car for more than 2 mins since then, I'm off out tmrw to grab an external charge cable so will do then.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Also, can GPS speed be displayed on the drivers display?
My impression is that the speed displayed on the navigation screen is the car speedo speed and not GPS speed. My E-niro 4's speedometer reads 3 mph faster than GPS speed, but it is the speedometer speed that is displayed on my navigation screen.

·
Registered
60 Posts
My impression is that the speed displayed on the navigation screen is the car speedo speed and not GPS speed. My E-niro 4's speedometer reads 3 mph faster than GPS speed, but it is the speedometer speed that is displayed on my navigation screen.
I think you're right. I must've been mixed up between the Android Auto display and the car's Nav display. D'oh!
I've checked the manual, and Speed Limit Warning ought to be under the Driver Assistance or possibly Convenience menus in the binnacle options screen, but I certainly can't find them.
I've attached my software and firmware versions in case that's the culprit. Light wasn't perfect for the image. Sorry.
IMG_20200831_175432.jpg

·
Registered
141 Posts
On my 2019 1st edition, after the latest update, GPS speed is displayed just above the speed limit on Nav screen. I get GPS to Speedo: 70 - 75, 60 - 65, 50 - 54/55, 40 - 44, 30 - 33

·
Registered
52 Posts
On my 2020 Niro PHEV the speed displayed on the satnav screen is exactly the same as that displayed on the speedometer.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts