Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For anyone in Scotland considering buying an EV (obviously an MG ZS EV or MG 5 馃槈) or Electric motorcycle, the Energy Savings Trust (Scotland only) have interest free loans over 6 years.

• up to 拢28k for a new EV or 拢20k for a second hand EV
  • up to 拢10k for a new electric motorcycle or 拢6k for a second hand one

They are also doing loans of up to 拢6k for e-bikes over 4 years

Registered
For anyone in Scotland considering buying an EV (obviously an MG ZS EV or MG 5 馃槈) or Electric motorcycle, the Energy Savings Trust (Scotland only) have interest free loans over 6 years.

• up to 拢28k for a new EV or 拢20k for a second hand EV
  • up to 拢10k for a new electric motorcycle or 拢6k for a second hand one

They are also doing loans of up to 拢6k for e-bikes over 4 years

Dear Peter G,

That's just one of many eco-friendly encouragements (give-aways) north of the border, I am truly envious even though the others seem to be drying up now.

If only Wales had something similar, it sadly does not and even if they offered this deal, it might not be taken up as there is little to no charging infrastructure in Wales (despite it needing it more, it's a very hilly country).

Do you think if I lived in your loft I would qualify for it ?

I can't understand anyone in Scotland not taking it up, it's what they call a no brainer.

Registered
Dear Peter G,

That's just one of many eco-friendly encouragements (give-aways) north of the border, I am truly envious even though the others seem to be drying up now.

If only Wales had something similar, it sadly does not and even if they offered this deal, it might not be taken up as there is little to no charging infrastructure in Wales (despite it needing it more, it's a very hilly country).

Do you think if I lived in your loft I would qualify for it ?

I can't understand anyone in Scotland not taking it up, it's what they call a no brainer.
I鈥檓 pretty sure it needs to be paid back.

Registered
Ze50 GT Line Elmo Referral ISB2GG for mutual 拢50 off
I鈥檓 pretty sure it needs to be paid back.
it鈥檚 obvious that needs to be paid back, but it is still a very encouraging way for people to access EVs, including second hand ones.
I鈥檓 jealous of it too, if only we wouldn鈥檛 have VAT (for EVs) and this in the entire of 馃嚞馃嚙 the transition would be much faster.

Registered
I've looked at this offer with great envy and even tried asking the question "could I apply? I'm Scottish but now live in England "
I was told no馃槬馃槬
Asked my brother if I could use his address and got much the same response as he wants to use it himself 馃槶
So looks like the rest of the UK fall into the old category of couldn't organise a [email protected]$s up in a brewery but others can.
So blooming lucky.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've looked at this offer with great envy and even tried asking the question "could I apply? I'm Scottish but now live in England "
I was told no馃槬馃槬
Asked my brother if I could use his address and got much the same response as he wants to use it himself 馃槶
So looks like the rest of the UK fall into the old category of couldn't organise a [email protected]$s up in a brewery but others can.
So blooming lucky.
I don鈥檛 think it鈥檚 one application per address, so you may still be able to go ahead 馃

Zoe Devotee
I don鈥檛 think it鈥檚 one application per address, so you may still be able to go ahead 馃
Its one application per person. And if you already have an EV you can't apply (unless you sell that EV first). Doesn't apply to second hand EV unless they are demos less than 6 months old with less than a couple of hundred miles on them too. Doesn't include paint or any extras either, base car cost. I looked into it when I was getting my MG but it was a mare as I'd have to sell my Zoe before I could apply and they can be slow to process paperwork to claim. In the end I went with part cash/trade and small loan at very low interest rate for convenience.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Its one application per person. And if you already have an EV you can't apply (unless you sell that EV first). Doesn't apply to second hand EV unless they are demos less than 6 months old with less than a couple of hundred miles on them too. Doesn't include paint or any extras either, base car cost. I looked into it when I was getting my MG but it was a mare as I'd have to sell my Zoe before I could apply and they can be slow to process paperwork to claim. In the end I went with part cash/trade and small loan at very low interest rate for convenience.
Sandy, terms have changed and it does apply to all second hand EV's now

Registered
MG Affinity pricing also available for those using the EST 0% loan even if you are not employed in public sector.

Zoe Devotee
What's "Affinity pricing" and how do you get it if you're not in the public sector?
Its extra special low prices, that seemed suspiciously just like full retail last time I looked. PCP option that looked the same as private PCP.

Registered
What's "Affinity pricing" and how do you get it if you're not in the public sector?
A dealer near me is selling any colour ZS EV for 拢23,291 and include a granny charger and separate 5m type 2 cable.

Registered
1 - 13 of 13 Posts