Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
And what about performance, capacity, range etc?

·
Registered
202 Posts
That table looks a bit out of date to me. My 38kw Ioniq has a inbuilt SIm and does not connect via WiFi anymore which probably also applies to my20 Kona and e-niro

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
8 people can be connecting to the hotspot at once at VW's expense? Even with their purchasing power that is a considerable expense over the life of the car.

·
Registered
16,800 Posts
8 people can be connecting to the hotspot at once at VW's expense? Even with their purchasing power that is a considerable expense over the life of the car.
Yeah, I was wondering. I can only imagine it’s heavily throttled.

·
Registered
25 Posts
And what about performance, capacity, range etc?
Those tables haven't been posted yet, but for loading space, Bjørn Nyland's Banana Box test found the below (boxes in boot only / boxes rear seat lowered):
Kia e-Niro: 8/22
Nissan Leaf 2018: 7/21
Volkswagen ID.3: 7/19
Tesla Model 3: 6+1/17
Hyundai Kona: 5/16

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
The MEB platform is designed to include bigger cars so I can imagine that they'd build in the scalability. You can access it from outside so could run your home from it with some range extenders.... :devilish:

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
OK yeah that's a desperate fanboy chart if I've ever seen one. Could replace most of the chart with 'The id3 comes with free in car internet, on the base level M3 you have to pay for your internet'.

·
Registered
429 Posts
I expect the id3 to be a good car when it eventually arrives, but not one of the items on that list was important to me when I bought my Kona, and 15k miles later I've wished I had them precisely 0 times.
As previously noted, a slightly odd list.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Seems the table is utterly incorrect as well.

"To use selected in-car apps, streaming for Internet Radio, Hybrid Radio and the Wi-Fi hotspot, you will require additional data volume for the embedded eSIM in your vehicle. This can be topped up in a few easy steps via the external mobile phone provider Cubic Telecom. Volkswagen shall bear the costs of all other practical We Connect services. "

Requirements:

• Your Volkswagen has an eSIM
  • Active We Connect licence for your vehicle
  • Registration on Cubic portal
  • Performance of Ident procedure
Prices:
  • 2 GB for 30 days: £9.99
  • 5 GB for 30 days: £24.99
  • 25 GB for 365 days: £98.99
With your Volkswagen ID and We Connect activated for your vehicle, you can log into the We Connect portal and select the menu option ‘Data Plans & Updates’. You will then be directed to our mobile communications partner Cubic Telecom. Following successful registration, you can conveniently subscribe to data packages and go online in your vehicle.
"

·
Premium Member
11,053 Posts
It is still weird all these comparisons of totally different cars just because they have an electric drivetrain. I guess in a few years when there are 100s of EV models it will stop? Today, does someone thinking of a BMW 330i really start to compare with a Golf GTI?

·
Premium Member
3,885 Posts
It is still weird all these comparisons of totally different cars just because they have an electric drivetrain. I guess in a few years when there are 100s of EV models it will stop? Today, does someone thinking of a BMW 330i really start to compare with a Golf GTI?
This. It’s like an endless and tiresome game of Top Trumps, yes, some cars are better than others in different areas, especially if you look across all the segments and only focus on the fact it’s a battery electric vehicle. Not really news.

Buy the car you want that works for you, and then get over it.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts