Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
558 Posts
Many will be for the Ten-T project linking Harwich and Holyhead / Stranraer. Add to that, we know that they plan to double-up many of the current installations. I'm guessing that only 1/3 will be new highly desirable locations. Though that is all guesswork!

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
The Holyhead - Birmingham - Felixstowe links may not be as desirable as the motorways. But if you drive the A55 to Holyhead or the A14 to East Anglia on a Friday evening you quickly see how busy they are and how motorway like.

Another consequence of these new rapids will be ev uptake. January was a record month for ev sales in the UK. Speak to the dealer in Shrewsbury though and you will quickly learn it was not there. The difference? Complete absence of rapids and the very limited level 2 charging..the only 24 hour (though not Sunday) level 2 charging is the new Asda in Telford. Which only seems to give out 16amps.

The wider the rapid infrastructure, the more reliable....and with ev prices coming down, sales will follow

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wonder what happens when they have multiple chargers in one place, lets say toddington, and some are offline, whilst others are ok?

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
it will be a real torpedo in the side of Chargemasters plans if Ecotricity role out 150 free rapid chargers this year

·
Registered
625 Posts
it will be a real torpedo in the side of Chargemasters plans if Ecotricity role out 150 free rapid chargers this year
Different usage models. BMW i3 users will be Chargemaster's cash cow under the 'Spark' monthly charge and maintenance plans - brilliant marketing stroke

·
Banned
1,128 Posts
Different usage models. BMW i3 users will be Chargemaster's cash cow under the 'Spark' monthly charge and maintenance plans - brilliant marketing stroke
They'd have to try to sell it to you first. I don't remember anyone trying to sell me 'Spark' while buying the i3...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts