Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I am into my first day of my 3 day test drive and quite enjoying it so far.

The exterior look of the car is seems to be quite colour specific to me.

The Metallic grey demo I have looks quite handsome.

It has the red door cards - and I must say I am not a big fan of the 'graffiti' inlaid into them.

I understand the white door cards (is it just white or red?) do not have the same pattern.

Moving forward, is the interior trim colour dictated by the external colour?

If so, which colours come with red (with the 'graffiti') and which do not.

Also, I am correct in thinking that all Amperas come with the dark grey centre console finish (quite like that) or does that also vary on colour options?

Thanks for your patience.

Dean

·
Premium Member
335 Posts
The white is indeed plain gloss white and looks much better IMO - though it also comes with white panels in the seats which might get dirty.

As far as I know all the centre consoles are grey.

·
Now enjoying my new Kia SOUL EV
2020 Hyundai Ioniq Electric (38.3 kWh) Premium SE in Iron Grey with Shale Grey Interior option
1,324 Posts
Yes, the only 2 choices are ceramic white or spice red.

I have checked the brochure I have and you can specify the colour of the interior with any of the external finishes with one exception. Spice red is not available with the Power Blue paint. The white interior has proved more popular it would seem. As Urpert says though, this includes the u shapes in the seats as well as the door cards and upper dash panels.

All centre consoles are grey. The Volt I think is different and I have seen some with a white centre console.

HTH

Derek

·
Registered
167 Posts
I have not seen any degradation in the white seat inserts yet at 14 months and 13500 miles. There are a number of 2yr owners on this forum so perhaps they can comment on their experience at larger mileages and times.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Did you run the configuration on the Vauxhall web site Dean? IIRC you can see what combos are available and get a 360 of your chosen interior...

·
Ampera aka IGOR
3,493 Posts
I have just had a quick look at the configurator and I see that you can now no longer get Summit white with white interior trim. I have the Summit white with the red interior and I like it. I was wary of going for the white interior in case the seat inserts became grubby.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
My white seat inserts certainly haven't got grubby in 18 months..

·
Ampera aka IGOR
3,493 Posts
Not though day to day use but I have found myself in a bit of a mess and kind of unprepared with no change of clothes. I have had had to resort to sitting on a jacket and wearing my sweatshirt inside out until I got home. Just me though.

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Now that's a good point you raise. If you get white bits on your seats with the white stick on door trims, does that mean I have red bits on my seats with the red, junior school arts stick on door trims ?
I am currently feeling very Unobservant !

1 - 9 of 9 Posts