Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know what all this is about? Everything seems to be working, but this stupid error message keeps appearing and I would like to silence it for good.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Anyone know what all this is about? Everything seems to be working, but this stupid error message keeps appearing and I would like to silence it for good.

View attachment 140651
You can get any global radio station if you use the internet radio instead of fm/dab - but for it to work you need a media streaming connection (ie paid data connection loaded on the car or have the car linked to your mobile hotspot permanently).

I imagine they’ll disable the notification in a future update so that it only appears if you try to actually select internet radio - rather than it appear as part of a start-up check.

I did try to trick it by linking to home wifi so at start-up it can access the internet and therefore internet radio is enabled, hoping not to get the notification..... this worked (and I could use internet radio) - but as soon as you drive out of range of the wifi connection the notification triggers again!

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can get any global radio station if you use the internet radio instead of fm/dab - but for it to work you need a media streaming connection (ie paid data connection loaded on the car or have the car linked to your mobile hotspot permanently).

I imagine they’ll disable the notification in a future update so that it only appears if you try to actually select internet radio - rather than it appear as part of a start-up check.

I did try to trick it by linking to home wifi so at start-up it can access the internet and therefore internet radio is enabled, hoping not to get the notification..... this worked (and I could use internet radio) - but as soon as you drive out of range of the wifi connection the notification triggers again!
Oh, rats, another clunky software thing then. Yes, hopefully they'll fix it! I suppose I could just leave my phone in wireless hotspot mode, and link the car to that... maybe that will do for now to make that message go away.

·
Registered
ID3 1st Edition in Glacier White
450 Posts
You’ll miss that message when it’s gone!
We’ll all pine for the ‘good old days’ when you had a random error message every day and twice on Sunday 😂

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
My car is annoying me at the moment. It bleeps at me every time I switch it on to tell me about ice, as the temperature is under 3 degrees.

·
Registered
VW ID3 Tour
1,621 Posts
My car is annoying me at the moment. It bleeps at me every time I switch it on to tell me about ice, as the temperature is under 3 degrees.
Why would that annoy you? My BMW does that, it's a good safety feature it's just letting you know there could be icy conditions.

·
Registered
VW ID.3 Family edition
90 Posts
If the notification icon shows "1" I just ignore it.
Me too, so when mine showed “3” when I got in the car yesterday I selected it. All 3 messages were about a lack of Internet radio:rolleyes:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts