Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Anyone know what all this is about? Everything seems to be working, but this stupid error message keeps appearing and I would like to silence it for good.

View attachment 140651
You can get any global radio station if you use the internet radio instead of fm/dab - but for it to work you need a media streaming connection (ie paid data connection loaded on the car or have the car linked to your mobile hotspot permanently).

I imagine they’ll disable the notification in a future update so that it only appears if you try to actually select internet radio - rather than it appear as part of a start-up check.

I did try to trick it by linking to home wifi so at start-up it can access the internet and therefore internet radio is enabled, hoping not to get the notification..... this worked (and I could use internet radio) - but as soon as you drive out of range of the wifi connection the notification triggers again!

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can get any global radio station if you use the internet radio instead of fm/dab - but for it to work you need a media streaming connection (ie paid data connection loaded on the car or have the car linked to your mobile hotspot permanently).

I imagine they’ll disable the notification in a future update so that it only appears if you try to actually select internet radio - rather than it appear as part of a start-up check.

I did try to trick it by linking to home wifi so at start-up it can access the internet and therefore internet radio is enabled, hoping not to get the notification..... this worked (and I could use internet radio) - but as soon as you drive out of range of the wifi connection the notification triggers again!
Oh, rats, another clunky software thing then. Yes, hopefully they'll fix it! I suppose I could just leave my phone in wireless hotspot mode, and link the car to that... maybe that will do for now to make that message go away.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I rarely have such problems, but usually I just reboot and everything works. I don't even know, I'm sure you've already tried doing this, and if it doesn't work, I don't even know what to advise. I have rarely encountered problems with the Internet lately, I already thought that everything had become so good in the network that such problems rarely happen. This is especially good because I have a smart home and all the equipment, including the Ajax system, works from the Internet and it is very important to me that everything works correctly. So far there have been no problems.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I rarely have such problems, but usually I just reboot and everything works. I don't even know, I'm sure you've already tried doing this, and if it doesn't work, I don't even know what to advise. I have rarely encountered problems with the Internet lately, I already thought that everything had become so good in the network that such problems rarely happen. This is especially good because I have a smart home and all the equipment, including the Ajax system, works from the Internet and it is very important to me that everything works correctly. So far there have been no problems.
Holy necro posting Batman! I don’t even own an ID.3 anymore! Though I’m sure, wherever in the world my old ID.3 is, it’s still diligently letting its driver know that the internet radio is unavailable… 😁

1 - 14 of 14 Posts