1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Leaf 24Kw
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Its now Feb and temps dropping near zero here in the North West UK

I have heard I can timer charge my Leaf 24 overnight and like the idea of getting lower energy prices for doing so :)

I'm going to speak to Octopus when I get a minute but in the meantime...

Is timed charging and pre-heating something I can setup from the dash or do I need an app?

Any tips / suggestions etc gratefully received :)

·
Registered
88 Posts
Is timed charging and pre-heating something I can setup from the dash or do I need an app?

Any tips / suggestions etc gratefully received :)
You set it up on the screen. Press the button to the bottom right of the screen (blue symbol) and it will take you to the menu where you can set the charge and pre-heat timers.

·
Registered
2014 Leaf 24Kw
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You have to sign up for both You+Nissan and Carwings [the two systems aren't synced!]

Have to go to work... I'll be back!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 30kW Nissan Leaf 2016, and I can't set the climate control from the dashboard. I mean, it's all there, and I've added in times and days, but it didn't work. Only way I could get it to work was via the Nissan EV app, but only by directly turning it on at the desired time rather than scheduling it. And that's when I was able to connect to the car with the app - this morning, it wouldn't connect. That happens about 1 time in 10 attempts perhaps. Still pretty sh1t.

·
Registered
4,094 Posts
I have a 30kW Nissan Leaf 2016, and I can't set the climate control from the dashboard. I mean, it's all there, and I've added in times and days, but it didn't work. Only way I could get it to work was via the Nissan EV app, but only by directly turning it on at the desired time rather than scheduling it. And that's when I was able to connect to the car with the app - this morning, it wouldn't connect. That happens about 1 time in 10 attempts perhaps. Still pretty sh1t.
Screenshot your settings so that we can spot any deliberate errors, otherwise I suggest that you take it back to Nissan to resolve.

·
Registered
890 Posts
There’s a setting something like timer priority. If the battery is charged below 80% the climate timer can be overruled by this setting. You can toggle the priority between charge and climate from memory.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Here's a screenshot of my settings. Battery was about 85% at the time I set it on Sunday at 19:00, I WASN'T charging though (I've read elsewhere that you need to be charging for the climate timer to work - again, useless feature then). Nothing happened Monday or Tuesday morning :

·
Registered
Leaf 30kWh, Outlander PHEV
2,228 Posts
Here's a screenshot of my settings. Battery was about 85% at the time I set it on Sunday at 19:00, I WASN'T charging though (I've read elsewhere that you need to be charging for the climate timer to work - again, useless feature then). Nothing happened Monday or Tuesday morning :

View attachment 127395
Is your car still plugged in at 8:00?

You have charge priority so the car will need to be plugged in and sufficiently charged at that time.

- Leaf 30 kWh
Sent from mobile phone so please mind the typos

·
Registered
3 Posts
No, I'm usually not charging overnight - as stated above, I wasn't charging (or plugged in) but charge was well above 80%. So not possible then without actual charging?

·
Registered
97 Posts
The screenshot above indicates that the Charge Timer has priority. Is this set? Suggest to clear all priorities (if set).

Do you have a screen shot of what is on the Timer Priority tab?

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
No, I'm usually not charging overnight - as stated above, I wasn't charging (or plugged in) but charge was well above 80%. So not possible then without actual charging?
I do not think climate control timer kicks in unless plugged in. The only way to do it when not plugged in is using the app

- Leaf 30 kWh

·
Registered
2014 Leaf 24Kw
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
@cpcnw - all working ok now?
Ended up on phone to Nissan for 30 mins, got the car registered etc and it all worked. Just tried to connect now and nothing happens. I assume the car has to be actually 'switched on' or in charging state?

·
Registered
392 Posts
I have only ever managed to get the pre-heat working with a smartphone app. The in-vehicle timer has never worked for me, I gave up after about 4 attempts and just use the apps. The whole point of it is convenience, and if it is all to hard what's the point? The MyLeaf app has also stopped working for the last month, but Nissan's pathetic offering does work now after a fashion.

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
On my Leaf30, preheating is used every single day from the moment temperature drops under 10C

- Leaf 30 kWh

·
Registered
890 Posts
On my Leaf30, preheating is used every single day from the moment temperature drops under 10C

- Leaf 30 kWh
I find climate timer works great on my car.
The apps also work but sometimes Nissan servers are so slow it’s quicker to go outside and switch the car on.

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
I find climate timer works great on my car.
The apps also work but sometimes Nissan servers are so slow it’s quicker to go outside and switch the car on.
Sometimes? As long as you don't need to use it be 7AM to 8AM in winter

- Leaf 30 kWh

1 - 19 of 19 Posts