Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Introducing Bertie EV. Available from £5,995.

Bertie | Most affordable electric city car on the market

Hi All. Thought I would share this as we are launching it properly tomorrow.

Indra conducted the type approval work and have teamed up with two dealers, Going Green (London) and Just EVs (national) to make it available.

Bertie comes with Air conditioning, Electric windows, Keyless entry, Power mirrors, LED lights, GPS, Radio, Bluetooth connectivity and a Reversing camera.

Happy to answer any questions.

Mike

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
7,352 Posts
Lithium or lead?

Car or quadricycle?

Usable kWh and estimated range?

Top speed?

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not related to the gwiz at all. There is a crash video and picture of the structure on the justevs link if of interest

Lithium and lead options.

L7e Heavy Quadricycle

45mph top speed (it is a city car)

Up to 80 miles range (depending on spec)

Base spec lead acid is 7.2KWH

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
29,310 Posts
Can you make it 50mph, and if so what range at that speed?

I could then take it on my motorway commute! :)

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
The link claims 100,000 sold so this is on the market just not type approved for UK and or Europe. All the publicity photos are LHD versions, is a RHD available?

Given the number there must be reviews of the base car about - Far East?

Specifications
Overall dimensions:2245*1290*1570mm
Seating capacity: 2
Battery: Maintenance-free lead acid battery
Brake:Four wheel disc brakes; Four wheel independent suspension:Front suspension (McPherson Independent suspension), Rear suspension (Trailing-Arm Independent Suspension)
Speed:45~90km/h
Continued mileage:150km
Air conditioner, MP5, Car DVR, Rear View Camera/optional

Has EEC Whole Vehicle type approval

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes. It is right hand drive. The factory had to tool up for it so the earlier vehicles (such as those used for photos) are all left hand drive.

The specs listed from the far east aren't the same as the UK spec car. We made quite a few changes for EU whole vehicle type approval (EUWVTA) and region specific issues such as charging connectivity, for example this has a Type 2 socket, a rear anti-roll bar and can tune into our radio frequencies! We also made some quality changes - the dash controls are now made by Bosch.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Not sure why anyone would get this vs a Gen 1 Leaf at a similar or lower price which has proper car safety approval rather than the lower standards required for quadricycles?

·
Leaf lover
4,614 Posts
Not sure why anyone would get this vs a Gen 1 Leaf at a similar or lower price which has proper car safety approval rather than the lower standards required for quadricycles?
My wife doesn't venture outside our local area unless I am by her side, in which case she prefers to be driven.
We could dispense with her mini. She just has an auto licence and won't drive the Leaf or i3

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
How big is the boot? I can carry a few bags & boxes with the tools of my trade in. It doesn't look very big. I can cover my Leaf's boot floor with them.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Is there more information on motor specs, acceleration and how much extra the lithium battery option is?
I actually quite like to looks of this and can see use cases like a "shopping trolley" for nipping around.

Reactions: donald

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It is targeted as a city car. Same use case as the G-Wiz. Lots of people in london who can't park a full size car.

Windows are a little odd. The smaller window is to allow glass drop. Because of the size of the larger window you wouldn't be able to drop the glass very far.

Boot is a couple of large supermarket bags at best. I can fit my rucksack in one half.

Quadricycles do have a lower safety freshold for approvals. No lying there. This far exceeds the requirements. The is a picture of the crash structure and a crash test video on the link on the first post.

The commercial version (takes a euro pallet) has some obvious advantages over larger vehicles.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
29,310 Posts
As long as it has air con that is fine, but also that the ac doesn't impact range badly?

My Vectra drivers window was a bit knackered so I only lowered it about 10 times in 8 years. Windows not needed with a good ventilation system!

Especially in a city landscape.... windows up and air on recycle, thanks very much!!!!

·
29,310 Posts
Any idea what insurance is like for a 16 year old? The problem I guess is that it is a bit of an unknown quantity at the moment?

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Any idea what insurance is like for a 16 year old? The problem I guess is that it is a bit of an unknown quantity at the moment?
We are in discussions with a few insurers. Looking closer to moped prices than car.

Current insurance is about £250 but that is on our trade policy so not a good comparison.

It needs a car license so 17 to drive.

1 - 20 of 111 Posts