Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
121 - 140 of 158 Posts

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
I too am off to Southampton soon and Tothill Services would have been a great place to stop. Still hoping it might be by then.

In Bonnet's defence, it's likely that anything you actually see on their map might work (though alas that wasn't my experience a couple of weeks ago !) whereas saying "we're paired with some Shell outlets" wouldn't be a great help.

@JoinBonnet Can you explain why Shell have that situation and is it similar for any other network ?
I called into Tothill Services on my way home (I didn't need to charge but did need a comfort break). There were 4 ultra rapids there asking for 59p/kWh.

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
I've only used Bonnet on four Osprey units. All work fine unless I try to rattle through the app to start the charge too quickly. Just pausing on each screen and reading what it says for a few seconds makes all the difference, for myself anyway. Cheers!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Try VNRAMA3 ;) should give you 3 free charges ( worked for me)
I entered that and it seemed to work, but is not showing up in my list at the moment. However, it does then say that I have already used the code if I try to enter it again.

I do feel a little guilty about all the codes I use, and that's before I even start on my free month's refills, but I will keep using them if I don't bankrupt them in the interim :)

·
Registered
Kia e-Niro, 2021, 4+, Yacht Blue
8,054 Posts
I too feel a little guilty especially as these codes are probably there to encourage people to join - but I have already joined.

Like you, I will take it while it is there... I can only assume that Bonnet have their reasons and are happy us using them or else they would shut them down.

·
Registered
2020 e-Golf
702 Posts
They have a marketing budget for customer and partner acquisition (seems like it might be Vanarama in this case?) that must be paying for all these codes, it's not a sustainable model so let's enjoy it while we can.

Reactions: Scrooge

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
I too feel a little guilty especially as these codes are probably there to encourage people to join - but I have already joined.

Like you, I will take it while it is there... I can only assume that Bonnet have their reasons and are happy us using them or else they would shut them down.
It's all about subscription income at the end of the day. I use the free codes but also subscribe as it gets a great discount.

·
Registered
8,054 Posts
I subscribed to the top tier - 200kWh for £50 on the basis that if unused it rolls over. I don't know if I lose any time that has rolled over if I then unsubscribe?

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
I have 'subscribed' but only on PAYG so it hasn't cost me a penny yet
Boo Hiss, lol

Seriously, it's just too handy at the discounted price especially with a small battery.

If I had a bigger battery, PAYG would likely be my option being more occasional.

Cheers!

·
Registered
MG ZS EV #teamwhite
44 Posts
I subscribed to the top tier - 200kWh for £50 on the basis that if unused it rolls over. I don't know if I lose any time that has rolled over if I then unsubscribe?
You need an active refill in order to keep the kWhs that roll over. But you can downgrade your refill.

That’s what I did. I started out on the £50/month refill but with all the free charge codes (😉) I haven’t used much of the 200kWh at all. I’ve moved down to the £15/month refill for now. All of the previous months unused kWhs have rolled over and I have the 50kWh from the new refill. (And some extra free charges now as well thanks to the new code posted above👍)

·
Registered
8,054 Posts
You need an active refill in order to keep the kWhs that roll over. But you can downgrade your refill.

That’s what I did. I started out on the £50/month refill but with all the free charge codes (😉) I haven’t used much of the 200kWh at all. I’ve moved down to the £15/month refill for now. All of the previous months unused kWhs have rolled over and I have the 50kWh from the new refill. (And some extra free charges now as well thanks to the new code posted above👍)
I wonder if I could stock up, so to speak, by leaving my 200kWh refill active for a few months but I probably won't use all the 200kWh each month so I would then build up a "stockpile" of unused kWhs at the 200kWh rate... then when I have a good stockpile built up drop back to the £15pm. That would give me a bit of a buffer at 25p/kWh.

Do you think that might work?

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
My first Bonnet nightmare came true...

Bank of THREE rapids.

Another EV pulls in nose first.

Remembers his charging flap is on the side/rear, okaay!

Turns around.

Reverses into the wrong side of the bay!

Decides to use the CCS plug on my rapid, ffs!

So back forward back forward... sigh

Then spends 10-15 min standing at the rapid blocking my view of charging speed so I can decide when to unplug etc

Plug in out in out in out tap card tap card scratch head... jeez

Please to god don't ask me as I'm watching my shows after a 12 hour day.

Eventually, lol

Turns out he is on 94% SOC and is paying with contactless!

Sigh, reminds me of the time a couple parked far to close to me in an almost empty carpark and opened their door into my car! I can't say what happened next... lol!

·
Registered
28 Posts
I entered that and it seemed to work, but is not showing up in my list at the moment. However, it does then say that I have already used the code if I try to enter it again.

I do feel a little guilty about all the codes I use, and that's before I even start on my free month's refills, but I will keep using them if I don't bankrupt them in the interim :)
I've got the VNRAMA3 code showing up in my promotions list now, but it says that it expires 07/02/22. Does anyone else have this (or is it written in 'American') ?

·
Registered
2022 VW ID.3 Tour Pro S & 2022 Skoda Superb iV L&K
83 Posts
The name bonnet is wrong for the Americas - its a type of hat (In the UK too)

Bonnet (headgear) - Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org › wiki › Bonnet_(headgear)

Headgear tied under the chin with a string was especially likely to be called a bonnet. ... Other features associated with bonnets as opposed to hats was that the ...

Here's your new logo:
View attachment 152260

Not forgetting the hot Scotch Bonnet chilli pepper.
The name bonnet is wrong for the Americas - its a type of hat (In the UK too)

Bonnet (headgear) - Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org › wiki › Bonnet_(headgear)

Headgear tied under the chin with a string was especially likely to be called a bonnet. ... Other features associated with bonnets as opposed to hats was that the ...

Here's your new logo:
View attachment 152260

Not forgetting the hot Scotch Bonnet chilli pepper.
Food Plant Fruit Ingredient Petal
Would be a good logo😃

121 - 140 of 158 Posts