Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Kona PremSe64k 2020+bluelink +ohme
713 Posts
I haven't yet had home charging installed although I have a couple of quotes. I have been reading the forums, but is there a collection of photos for installations anywhere that people have found or can point me at? I have seen the odd one or two but it would be quite interesting to see how the installs are being completed, where cables are routed etc to be able to compare the various installers and options.
We bought an ohme and have been extremely happy. It is the best if you don't have solar panels, imo. What it does do is control your charging extremely well. Not only can you prioritise cheaper costs, you can also prioritise lower co2 emissions. And since one of my aims for buying an EV was being greener then that's a a priority for me. The ohme also has a setting to maximise battery life, which I won't know much about the benefit of until I travel another 50k or so. But to know that my charger is trying to take care of my battery is no bad thing!

Finally whichever charger you go for, get tethered if possible. Most people charge at home and to have that ease of plugging the car in or disconnecting it taking no more than the time to walk around the front of car is awesome.

·
Registered
Kona PremSe64k 2020+bluelink +ohme
713 Posts
I wondered about that - since you can remotely turn on/off the charge point for most of them (or at least use the MCB) do people ever get untethered but just leave the cable plugged in? tat way it would potentially be an easier swap in the future - or is it just a faff to do that and unlikely to be needed?
During lockdown I've left my cable in for days on end.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.