Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
Pleased to sign up here. I'm Based in Poole, Dorset (handy place for a quick charge before Ferry to Cherbourg or channel Islands).
I'm a Designer/Engineer: Mainly Folding Bicycles, Electric-Bikes and Kitchen Gadgets. Had a converted Smart car EV, project car for several years (electric hybrid, with onboard generator). Just bought a Tesla Roadster, and getting to know how frankly dotty the UK Charging Structure is :) ... seriously tho' Kevin Sharpe has already offered great advice.
Keen to ween world off ICE, AND car congestion in cities (bikes and e-bikes, are more appropriate, and take much less pedspace)
Apart from the Ferry, Poole is not on the way to anywhere, and Dorset is the only county with no motorways .... so I'm happy to offer upto 32A charging, from a growing variety of plugs and sockets :)
Looking forward to active membership (also @77A on Twitter)
Mark

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Hi Mark, any news on Dorset County Councils announcements last year of Rapid charging in the country.
I saw this > http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/ne..._electric_cars_to_be_installed_across_Dorset/
But like many things down here I dont think there will be a rush :) and likewise 'rapid' in Dorset is often not rapid elsewhere :)

There are currently (!) a couple of 32A charge points in CarParks in central Bounemouth (hardly used as high park prices), Polar 32amp points at Waitrose, Poole and Sovereign shopping centre , Southbourne, plus some very handy ZCW 32amp points at several Hotels and Castlepoint Shopping centre.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts