Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an early (January, 2011) Volt, and live in Fresno, California.

I have already put nearly 16,000 miles on it, and with no hesitation whatsover, will state it is by far the best car I have ever owned.

I am sure the large majority of Ampera owners will be as happy with their cars as we Volt owners are.

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Hi SharkVolt and a big Welcome to the Ampera forum!

It is great that you have joined us over the pond to discuss this wonderful car the Vauxhall Ampera and Chevrolet Volt.

16,000 miles! What Lifetime mpg are you getting? How much do you use the car in EV mode vs ER mode?

What are your main likes/dislikes?

Please don't feel you have to reply here. Instead, perhaps you could post to the other forums at some time and let us know how you are living with the Volt.

Please bear in mind though that we have some wierd and not so wonderful regulations in the UK, mostly thrust upon us by Europe, so some of the stuff that is everyday and legal to you might be frowned upon or illegal here. Just the European way of regulating everything! :(

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My lifetime MPG average is about 376 mpg. I like almost every feature of this car.

We have a separate meter for charging the car and receive a nice low rate (4.5 cents/kwh) by charging at off peak times. (late night/early morning) So it costs me about $20 a month for electricity, and I have only used 1/2 gallon of gas in the last four months!

Trust me, we have more than our share of rules and regulations in the US. New york wants to ban soft drinks 16 oz. or bigger, and a kid has to get a city permit to sell lemonade on the corner now. It takes over a month to get the permit!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts