Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been using contactless payment for Polar Ultra chargers which works fine when using a normal contactless credit card. However, when I use Android Pay (on my Google Pixel 2 phone) it starts the charge okay but when I try to stop the charge, it says it is the incorrect card and I should use the same card that I started the charge with. This is quite annoying as I've gotten used to using my phone to pay for most things.

Does anyone else have this issue? What about Apple Pay?

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 GT-Line Rapid Charge
2,347 Posts
I've been using contactless payment for Polar Ultra chargers which works fine when using a normal contactless credit card. However, when I use Android Pay (on my Google Pixel 2 phone) it starts the charge okay but when I try to stop the charge, it says it is the incorrect card and I should use the same card that I started the charge with. This is quite annoying as I've gotten used to using my phone to pay for most things.

Does anyone else have this issue? What about Apple Pay?
This happens because Google Pay generates a different "virtual" card number each time it's used (for security reasons), and the charger is looking for the same number twice in a row.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This happens because Google Pay generates a different "virtual" card number each time it's used (for security reasons), and the charger is looking for the same number twice in a row.
So I guess this issue using Android Pay with a Polar charger happens for anyone?

·
Premium Member
2020 Corsa E
7,398 Posts
It doesn't work with Apple pay either. Card number generated is unique. The device ID for that card on that phone with Apple Pay is the same but I don't think the chargers check that. I'd think android pay would ,have some consistent id as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts