Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Now enjoying my new Kia SOUL EV
2020 Hyundai Ioniq Electric (38.3 kWh) Premium SE in Iron Grey with Shale Grey Interior option
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Through a post on EV-AS I spotted an article saying that Inverclyde Council in the west of Scotland will be installing 5 charging points via a £78,000 Transport Scotland grant.

http://www.inverclydenow.com/photostream/12733-inverclyde-to-get-electric-vehicle-charging-points

That is providing a triple headed 50kW Rapid Charger in Gourock, 3 x 22kW fast chargers (1 in Port Glasgow, 1 in Kilmacolm and 1 in Greenock) and 1 x 7 kW charge post in what sounds like a council depot.

The article finishes with:

"Under the terms of the grant, installation must be complete by 31 March next year. Charges of between £8 and £10 per session are proposed."

As my car does not use a rapid charger I have no experience with them but from what I read on here is that not far too high a price point?

Derek

·
Administrator
11,835 Posts
"Per session" is vague and I believe for most would not represent good value at all. For example the much-complained about ChargeMaster posts cost around £7.50 per half hour if you pay as go. If you only charge for 20 minutes, or need a small top-up, that's extremely expensive, if you go with an empty, large capacity car, maybe not quite so much.

Without proper details it would be hard to say for sure though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts