Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Golf Match Bluemotion 1.0 TSI
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Passed my local Volvo dealer today and noticed 10+ P2s arriving off a transporter. I expressed surprise to a dealer worker that I thought showroom and sales were all online.
Replied that the cars were in for inverter - 2 per car - rectification to sort out an issue.
More Chinese tat??

Reactions: toscal353

·
Registered
2 Posts
Passed my local Volvo dealer today and noticed 10+ P2s arriving off a transporter. I expressed surprise to a dealer worker that I thought showroom and sales were all online.
Replied that the cars were in for inverter - 2 per car - rectification to sort out an issue.
More Chinese tat??
No doubt posted using a device that relies on tat from China

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Sadly there are a number of recall issues with the P2, not helped by the lack of OTA and Volvo workshop knowledge and experience. Problems are to be expected with a new launch but they do seems to be mounting up. We can only hope that once this initial 'blip' is overcome the cars prove well build and reliable, and Polestar get their software act together.

·
Registered
Nissan LEAF30
6,907 Posts
Sounds familiar ......

·
Registered
2015 Golf Match Bluemotion 1.0 TSI
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No doubt posted using a device that relies on tat from China
Yup. But at least it hasn't cost £50k.
UK got China hooked on opium in early 1800s, leading to acquisition of Hong Kong in 1841, and huge UK wealth.
In 21st century, China have got UK hooked on tat and getting huge growth and wealth. 🤔🤔🇬🇧🇨🇳

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yup. But at least it hasn't cost £50k.
UK got China hooked on opium in early 1800s, leading to acquisition of Hong Kong in 1841, and huge UK wealth.
In 21st century, China have got UK hooked on tat and getting huge growth and wealth.
Best buy a VW golf then....

...bloody Germans getting us hooked on quality and then getting huge growth and wealth.

Maybe I should get a Lotus instead.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
Cheap jibe and thread. I'm quite sure whatever you drive has also had recalls, it just doesn't make the news because it's so normal for cars to have recalls. Not sure the point you're trying to make really other than just that you obviously don't like Chinese-manufactured cars. You might like to do some research as you'll find that the Chinese-made Tesla Model 3 has vastly better build quality than the US-made one, for instance. If you haven't got anything nice to say...

Reactions: finchlean

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
20,876 Posts
So nothing to do with China, more lack of proper QA and real world testing.

I thought Volvo knew how to build cars?

·
Registered
Nissan LEAF30
6,907 Posts
I thought Volvo knew how to build cars?
ICEs in Sweden maybe, but EVs in China - clearly not!
How are that doyen of build quality VW doing with the ID3 in their German factory? :unsure: No problems I'm sure. :devilish:

·
Registered
326 Posts
Mine is going in tomorrow for the inverter recall, although I haven't experienced any issues. This will also include a software update to prepare for OTA, fix bugs and add functionality.
I have found both PS customer service and the volvo dealer to be excellent. Its a shame for those whose experience has been very different.

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Good luck with the recall, I hope everything gets fixed and you don't come back with some unexpected nasties with the cameras etc.

·
Registered
326 Posts
The car is back with replaced inverters, and up to date software, which has added some neat little functionality. Some people have reported performance improvements to the infotainment, but I've not tested that.
I'll be keeping an eye on things for a while.

·
Registered
96 Posts
The car is back with replaced inverters, and up to date software, which has added some neat little functionality. Some people have reported performance improvements to the infotainment, but I've not tested that.
I'll be keeping an eye on things for a while.
Please could you briefly mention exactly what the neat little functionality is? I suspect that when my car was updated the software was maybe an earlier version. For example, does the function that focuses the audio on the driver still assume the driver is on the left? Would appreciate your take.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Please could you briefly mention exactly what the neat little functionality is? I suspect that when my car was updated the software was maybe an earlier version. For example, does the function that focuses the audio on the driver still assume the driver is on the left? Would appreciate your take.
The main thing for me is the ability to do scheduled preconditioning. Nice feature but of course not as good as when the app is delivered.
I forgot to test the driver audio focus but I believe others with the same software version as me have said it is now working correctly. I'll check though..

1 - 20 of 22 Posts