Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

The Department for Transport (DfT) are conducting a piece of research to look into the charging needs of electric vehicle drivers.

As part of this, DfT have commissioned BritainThinks, an independent market research agency, to recruit people to take part in a virtual research project.

The research would consist of a combination of online community tasks and online focus groups / events. All of the research will be carried out by experienced researchers from BritainThinks. Participants would receive an incentive payment to thank them for taking part.

If you would be interested in taking part, please fill in your details using this short recruitment questionnaire.

If you have any questions at all, please don’t hesitate to contact BritainThinks at [email protected]. You can also view BritainThinks’ privacy policy here.

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020
2,744 Posts
You would need to specify that you are looking for input from EV drivers without access to home charging, i.e. "vehicle drivers without access to off-street parking".

So, the question is, as I have access to off-street parking and charging, do I need to sign up at all?

·
Registered
Kia E-Niro 2021 4+
289 Posts
Anyone else doing this? It’s been really interesting so far and I get £200 for it….
As a one BEV family with no off-street parking it’s nice to have an input into how infrastructure could be improved in the future.

·
Registered
Skoda Enyaq iV80 (2021)
81 Posts
I'm surprised this valuable initiative is confined to UK residents only. It's clear that a completely new infrastructure needs to be developed, and this has to be international to make economic sense (...just look at the global 'A Better Router Planner' app, and the recent public charger installations by Ionity). OK, I get 'Brexit' but Britain needs to think a bit out of the box... no good having an infrastructure that only works in the UK.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I might be a bit paranoid, but the link to the questionnaire leads to office.com website - that is, anyone could have created the questionnaire. It asks a lot of sensitive questions.

The company's registered address is Metherell Gard, Morval, Looe, which, according to Google Maps, is in a church in the middle of nowhere. Doesn't fill you with confidence.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 R135 Iconic
121 Posts
I might be a bit paranoid, but the link to the questionnaire leads to office.com website - that is, anyone could have created the questionnaire. It asks a lot of sensitive questions.

The company's registered address is Metherell Gard, Morval, Looe, which, according to Google Maps, is in a church in the middle of nowhere. Doesn't fill you with confidence.
It all seems pretty legit so far. I’ve been contacted by a few different people from BritainThinks and they’re using recollective.com for the actual information gathering, which didn’t include anything particularly sensitive (mostly questions about my charging habits, issues, ideas to solve them etc). There’s a couple of Zoom session scheduled as well.

I’m not sure which company’s registered address you’re referring to, but BritainThinks looks like a fairly reputable organisation, and their head office’s address is in London (Somerset House to be precise)

·
Registered
Kia E-Niro 2021 4+
289 Posts
If it is a scam it’s incredibly professional… I’ve done six separate activities asking for info on charging habits, preferences, worries etc. Zoom call later this week and in July. Not given any deeply personal info yet, nor bank details etc. In fact you can get paid via Paypal or Amazon vouchers.
Nothing about it smells funny to me.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I’m not sure which company’s registered address you’re referring to, but BritainThinks looks like a fairly reputable organisation, and their head office’s address is in London (Somerset House to be precise)
If you go to their website, the registered address is in Morval, the trading address is in London. Honestly, I know very little about trading, registration, addresses and so on, so probably it is a normal thing to do. My alarm bell rang when I noticed a supposedly government project being handled from a church in Cornwall, but considering how this government hands contracts out I should not be surprised. :sneaky:

Reactions: sungrad

·
Registered
121 Posts
My alarm bell rang when I noticed a supposedly government project being handled from a church in Cornwall, but considering how this government hands contracts out I should not be surprised. :sneaky:
Can't argue with that :LOL: but probably it's just for tax purposes or some such...

·
Registered
Kia E-Niro 2021 4+
289 Posts
Did my first focus group on Zoom last night and it was really interesting. Mix of EV and non EV owners and a real insight into the reasons that prevent people making the switch.
Looking forward to the next one!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Did my first focus group on Zoom last night and it was really interesting. Mix of EV and non EV owners and a real insight into the reasons that prevent people making the switch.
Looking forward to the next one!
Same. There was only one other EV driver (Chris C, hi if you're here 👋) in my group, and hopefully between the two of us we managed to demystify charging a little for the other participants...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts