Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

61 - 69 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
@DBMandrake and Colin M , many thanks for this , over the next week or so will check these points. It does sound as though the compressor is loose !! And radiator fan coming on as described above is probably what I can also hear with leaves and twigs etc probably in there .
Great advice and you have pointed me in exactly the right direction saving me lots of time working out fan logic, access to compressor etc , and I now know I need to get it high on jacks and remove under body covers, many thanks again . John

·
Member of Members
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Just as an update to the original iOn.
I've kept the car, and converted it into a small van/quad bike-thing-ish (not sure how to describe it) for the wife to transport her tools around the gardens of some of the estates she works on. She loves it.
The A/C still doesn't work, we never rapid charge it, but it has been fine on the granny cable.

·
Registered
25 Posts
1515MM15-60 is the part I got from Avmountsonline. Four required. I paid £1.59 each. Cheers
@ Colin Morrison. , Chris L. Many thanks for this I will be changing the mounts as I'm sure compressor is loose from what you have all advised seems to be resonating at certain activities loads Thanks for part numbers saves me a lot of time jacking car up today to get covers off and have a look. John

·
Registered
536 Posts
If it is loose then you will hear a metal to metal sound when for example rough road surface and when the AC starts etc. Cheers PS whilst I was waiting on the parts to arrive I had to support the compressor with a couple of wood offcuts :ROFLMAO:

·
Member of Members
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
Please can we have a picture of that ?!?!
It doesn't look that much different, its missing the rear doors, boot hatch and rear seats.
It currently lives in a shed at one of my wifes clients estate, due to their quad failing. I'll get her to take a picture of it next time she is there.

61 - 69 of 69 Posts