Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've purchased the OBDlink LX device and this seems to work well with the CANIon Android App.

However, I can't connect with the official OBDLink App - I just get a communication timeout :-(

According to the ScanTool website, this device doesn't support EVs or Hybrids...

Is there an app that will allow me to read and reset faults codes? At present, the Air Bag light has illuminated.

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
The OBDLink LX adaptor (I have one) supports EV's just fine, it's just the bundled OBDLink app which does not. So you just need software (like Canion) written for the correct model of EV. As you've noted Canion is read only and can't do things like reset fault codes.

The only software I'm aware of which claims to be able to reset fault codes on an Ion using a regular OBD adaptor is Hobdrive. I'm not sure if it can reset airbag fault codes specifically, however the author (Serhge) hangs out on the following thread on myimev, so it may be worth asking there whether reseting airbag codes is currently supported.

There is both a free version and paid version although from memory the paid version is quite cheap. It's a bit confusing to set up and use but it does have some useful features. The app is in the Android play store and there are beta versions available through the play store which have more recent features than the stable version.

The official dealer diagnostic tool for the Ion is a Lexia 3 running Diagbox software - this tool does all Citroen and Peugeot vehicles. I have one (a grey market clone) which I bought way back in 2012 for my Citroen which I also use with my Ion and I have used that to reset airbag faults after disconnecting a seat airbag.

Do you think you have a faulty airbag or are you just trying to reset a code caused by disconnecting an airbag ?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks - The airbag light came one when the passenger seat was pushed all the way back.
The code was cleared last week prior to the MOT by the garage/seller. The light came on when I returned to the car after it's recharge on the way home :-(
With the dealer being 90miles away I really wanted to check the code for myself, and see if I could reset it now that I have the OBDLink LX.
I'll have a read of the HobDrive posts, I did install the demo app, but I'll need to read up on it as it isn't very intuitive.

·
Registered
4,079 Posts
Good luck. Was it a Peugeot dealer?
It's not unknown for the valeters to break or get water into the connection for the seat occupancy sensors on cars, so it maybe that you need to disconnect the 12v and check/dry it out. It may not get rid of the light which may stay on until reset, but worth a try and easier than 180 mile round trip.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good luck. Was it a Peugeot dealer?
It's not unknown for the valeters to break or get water into the connection for the seat occupancy sensors on cars, so it maybe that you need to disconnect the 12v and check/dry it out. It may not get rid of the light which may stay on until reset, but worth a try and easier than 180 mile round trip.
No, it was an independent dealer.

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
I would try re-seating the two plugs under the seat, (and if you have some, spray a little bit of electrical contact cleaner into the plugs before reconnecting them) however before doing so disconnect the 12v battery negative terminal for 30 minutes first - you don't want an airbag going off in your face. :)

Note: Only attempt this if you have the 4 digit code for the radio. Otherwise the radio will be locked out until you enter the code.

What part of the country are you in ?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts