Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 148 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Interested to hear who has ordered the new IONIQ.

I'm still waiting for the final confirmation but I should have Iron Gray Premium model arriving early November.

·
Premium Member
829 Posts
I was told by dealer in Dundee today that plenty have been ordered by dealers for December delivery. Must say having driven the current Ioniq Electric again today and the new hybrid version I think the new Ioniq Electric will be a great car. It certainly has a better ride and more space than my Kona and the new infotainment system and app are improvements, although not quite the range of course!

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Let me know how you get on. Did they give an estimated delivery date?

·
Registered
863 Posts
Ordered an Electric Shadow Premium. Waiting to hear about delivery, but should be 10-12 weeks.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Although I’m looking for sooner.......🤔😉. Colour not important......I had a Red Leaf and a White C-Zero.....always the slowest colours aka free ones
For me, I had the option of any colour but was told which ones would come sooner. To be honest, it was a matter of 3 weeks but getting a car sooner was priority for me

Ordered an Electric Shadow Premium. Waiting to hear about delivery, but should be 10-12 weeks.
Ah! That's the colour I wanted but someone took it :rolleyes:.

·
Registered
863 Posts
For me, I had the option of any colour but was told which ones would come sooner. To be honest, it was a matter of 3 weeks but getting a car sooner was priority for me

Ah! That's the colour I wanted but someone took it :rolleyes:.
I don't think that it was me as they gave me the choice of all colours, but I didn't ask which would be quicker to post from Korea as I am not too concerned when it comes.

·
Life's too short to wait for a Kona .....
43 Posts
Possibly :)...... you could be the pioneers.....
I still prefer my ‘28’ , 15k miles completed, it does everything I need. Will look to buy a second-hand one in 12-18 months time if significantly discounted. The extra range is nice, but not game changing, and Bjorn’s video is worthy of consideration, however if like me the regular return trip is 250 miles, you still need a charge somewhere ( no different to mine). It’s slow to ‘fast charge’ but I would only need 50% top up on these trips, so no big deal. The rest of the time we charge up at home at 6-7 kWh. So if you do the maths for your particular circumstance, then it may be the right car. My bigger issue is the looks of the new nose, the wheels, and the ‘tablet screen’. All of these are not to my taste. However I have said similar about most cars in the last 30 years and then came to actually like them after a while :)
One thing I know is my partner fights me for the IONIQ and she usually wins, therefore a second one will have to happen eventually, so I’ll get one eventually I reckon!

By the by, on Octopus Energy it works out at about 1pence per mile for me...can send a spread sheet of my calculations if anybody interested. If anybody wants to use my referral code, you’ll get £50 off your bill (and so will I). Just log in with this link to change provider ( I changed from British Gas and the whole process was seamless)

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Possibly :)...... you could be the pioneers.....
I still prefer my ‘28’ , 15k miles completed, it does everything I need. Will look to buy a second-hand one in 12-18 months time if significantly discounted. The extra range is nice, but not game changing, and Bjorn’s video is worthy of consideration, however if like me the regular return trip is 250 miles, you still need a charge somewhere ( no different to mine). It’s slow to ‘fast charge’ but I would only need 50% top up on these trips, so no big deal. The rest of the time we charge up at home at 6-7 kWh. So if you do the maths for your particular circumstance, then it may be the right car. My bigger issue is the looks of the new nose, the wheels, and the ‘tablet screen’. All of these are not to my taste. However I have said similar about most cars in the last 30 years and then came to actually like them after a while :)
One thing I know is my partner fights me for the IONIQ and she usually wins, therefore a second one will have to happen eventually, so I’ll get one eventually I reckon!

By the by, on Octopus Energy it works out at about 1pence per mile for me...can send a spread sheet of my calculations if anybody interested. If anybody wants to use my referral code, you’ll get £50 off your bill (and so will I). Just log in with this link to change provider ( I changed from British Gas and the whole process was seamless)

What kinds of m/kWh do you get?

·
43 Posts
Since we got it, we have averaged over 5 miles /kWh . Summer runs to the south coast are high 5’s and winter still managed 4.8 in poor weather. I use 5 in all my calculations as we know we can achieve this. Local slow runs around Cheltenham are typically around 6. Last service cost £88 ....what’s not to like? I follow Bjorn Nyland on his YouTube videos for his humour mainly, but for having an idea of the whole ev market, and I certainly know why he has a soft spot for the Ioniq. Although people have criticised in advance the battery charging on the 38, for me it’s like criticising supercars for only doing 180 mph when the rivals do 185.....who cares when it’s (charging) speed is all you realistically need. 95% of my charging is done at 6.6kWh at home overnight, and in the 4 hours at 5p kw.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Since we got it, we have averaged over 5 miles /kWh . Summer runs to the south coast are high 5’s and winter still managed 4.8 in poor weather. I use 5 in all my calculations as we know we can achieve this. Local slow runs around Cheltenham are typically around 6. Last service cost £88 ....what’s not to like? I follow Bjorn Nyland on his YouTube videos for his humour mainly, but for having an idea of the whole ev market, and I certainly know why he has a soft spot for the Ioniq. Although people have criticised in advance the battery charging on the 38, for me it’s like criticising supercars for only doing 180 mph when the rivals do 185.....who cares when it’s (charging) speed is all you realistically need. 95% of my charging is done at 6.6kWh at home overnight, and in the 4 hours at 5p kw.
Thanks for your input! That efficiency is insane...

What are you 3 favourite features and 3 worst drawbacks?

·
43 Posts
Hmm. That’s a good one...
1. Comfort and ergonomics.... you can just drive and drive this.
2. Satnav and display...intuitive and responsive enough
3. Great rear legroom

Drawbacks
1. Good size boot but aerodynamic shape means shallow height (wouldn’t be good for pushchairs but way past a worry for me!)
2. Back windscreen (with spoiler through middle). You get used to visibility restrictions
3. Having to select Autohold handbrake each time you start (no option to start in this mode automatically)

Until I took early retirement recently, I delivered new cars for a living....Mercedes, Land Rover Jaguar and VW mainly so I have had the opportunity to test so many cars. In that context, I am so impressed with Ioniqs comfort. Much better than so many (LRover generally were so poor for their cost). Audi R8s & Nissan GTRs used to cost me a chiropractic visit most times!! I did in excess of 75000 miles per year so comfort is important to me.

·
Premium Member
829 Posts
Hmm. That’s a good one...
1. Comfort and ergonomics.... you can just drive and drive this.
2. Satnav and display...intuitive and responsive enough
3. Great rear legroom

Drawbacks
1. Good size boot but aerodynamic shape means shallow height (wouldn’t be good for pushchairs but way past a worry for me!)
2. Back windscreen (with spoiler through middle). You get used to visibility restrictions
3. Having to select Autohold handbrake each time you start (no option to start in this mode automatically)

Until I took early retirement recently, I delivered new cars for a living....Mercedes, Land Rover Jaguar and VW mainly so I have had the opportunity to test so many cars. In that context, I am so impressed with Ioniqs comfort. Much better than so many (LRover generally were so poor for their cost). Audi R8s & Nissan GTRs used to cost me a chiropractic visit most times!! I did in excess of 75000 miles per year so comfort is important to me.
Having now done 15k miles in the Kona and then driven the new model Ioniq hybrid and current model Ioniq electric last week, I would add that I was particularly impressed with the ride and the hushed progress in the latter.

The Kona has a short wheelbase, noisy Nexen tyres and minimal sound proofing in the underfloor area of the boot. It’s not noisy but does tend to crash a bit through the urban jungle. The Ioniq definitely has a better ride and is quieter. The new, bigger infotainment screen in the new model Ioniq is definitely a step up too.

If we didn’t need to do 200 miles in a day twice a week I would be tempted to cash in on the Kona and get the new Ioniq.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I’ve got a build date of 25/Oct for my order, any experience of Hyundai and what that actually means? I had a new Focus RS when they came out and it was in my hands within 2 weeks of build date.....but that only came from Germany. Does it depend on whether you’re popped straight onto a ship as the last car of thousands or first in the dockside park waiting for a full load? I’m guessing logistics don’t have them hanging around for long as they’re trying to get the cash flowing.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I’ve got a build date of 25/Oct for my order, any experience of Hyundai and what that actually means? I had a new Focus RS when they came out and it was in my hands within 2 weeks of build date.....but that only came from Germany. Does it depend on whether you’re popped straight onto a ship as the last car of thousands or first in the dockside park waiting for a full load? I’m guessing logistics don’t have them hanging around for long as they’re trying to get the cash flowing.
How did you find out the build date? Did you get an email or something?

Well it has to ship from South Korea. The next ship that is departing from Ulsan, Korea and arriving at Tilbury, UK is leaving 8th October.

You can check here. It takes about 5-7 weeks to arrive in the UK. So you're probably looking at end of November/early December

1 - 20 of 148 Posts