Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

361 - 380 of 416 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
There is a ship leaving Korea today (27th Feb). It is due to arrive in Southampton on 16th April. It’s called The Morning Lucy.
It’s arrival ties in with my delivery estimate of late April. Is anybody else expecting their vehicle around the same time? When would I know if my car is in transit?
I’m expecting my car, Polar White SE with Shale interior, April 22nd. I’ve faced a longer wait for the lighter interior.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Questions for you all....

Morning Celine i think docks on the 9th March, and I have been told 16th to the dealer.

What is an average turnaround for docking-dealer-registered-handover?

Is it up to my lease company as to how it gets to me - does it simply go to my local dealership?

If you've not already worked it out from my posting history, i'm extremely excited about getting my hands on Ioniq #2, as it's been a long 2.5 years since I was last driving one!

·
Registered
192 Posts

Morning Celine i think docks on the 9th March, and I have been told 16th to the dealer.

Is it up to my lease company as to how it gets to me - does it simply go to my local dealership?

If you've not already worked it out from my posting history, i'm extremely excited about getting my hands on Ioniq #2, as it's been a long 2.5 years since I was last driving one!
That was the date I was also given, but it looks likely to slip into May or later now.

You car will be delivered to you if the car was supplied to you via dealer fleet sales, I requested to collect but they said the PDI is done in a secured lock up and the car never sees a dealers forecourt.

I'm going to request a dealer collection however, as I am not happy with not having longer to sign it off, sometimes they rush you a bit if they have other jobs that day.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #366

I believe the fastest is a few days, average is 2 weeks but mine ended up being a week.

After being docked, it'll be unloaded (usually takes 24 hours) and there will be inspections/paperwork - 1-3 days.
After that it will be handed over to the transport company to transport to dealership - at this point dealer will have an exact date when they'll get it and I believe the SLA is 5 days but it usually takes 24 hours.

Then the dealer should be able to book a definite date to collect/deliver. Dealers can usually turn it around in 2-3 days if they're in a rush and care about getting it to you quickly. I was lucky to have @Badger in Black handling my order and he was completely transparent and clearly explained all the different steps and their expected time to complete.

·
Registered
35 Posts
It's pretty frustrating to get an email saying that it'll "usually take three weeks to get to the dealer from the port", and then for delivery it needs to be driven 200 miles from Boston to Bristol.

I can't tell what date Morning Celine is supposed to dock, but considering it's still in Casablanca right now, it feels unlikely that the car will be with the dealer in 17 days.

I've never leased or gotten a new vehicle before, but the whole experience has felt pretty poor so far. This is a car that was originally coming in December, but then became Feb, and is now March, and even that feels unlikely.

How can it be so wrong so many times?

·
Registered
112 Posts
It's pretty frustrating to get an email saying that it'll "usually take three weeks to get to the dealer from the port", and then for delivery it needs to be driven 200 miles from Boston to Bristol.

I can't tell what date Morning Celine is supposed to dock, but considering it's still in Casablanca right now, it feels unlikely that the car will be with the dealer in 17 days.

I've never leased or gotten a new vehicle before, but the whole experience has felt pretty poor so far. This is a car that was originally coming in December, but then became Feb, and is now March, and even that feels unlikely.

How can it be so wrong so many times?
Two factory closures won't have helped.

The ship chasing doesn't serve any purpose to me.

The way I see it, the car will arrive eventually. I've been told May and I'm expecting sometime in the summer.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Factory closures won't have affected me in any way - it was on the boat a week before the first closure. 6 months to go from order to build feels like a very long time when others seem to go into a dealership and have one a week later.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #370
Factory closures won't have affected me in any way - it was on the boat a week before the first closure. 6 months to go from order to build feels like a very long time when others seem to go into a dealership and have one a week later.
Initial delays are because they really didn't expect such demand hence why they had the really cheap deals in September/October. I suspect they only planned a few hundred cars in Q4 2019 and wanted to deliver most in 2020 to count towards the EU average fleet emissions. I wouldn't be surprised if dealers gave overly optimistic dates to bring in customers.

For a factory order you can usually expect ~3 months anyway due to the time it takes to import. Once you've been allocated a car and it's shipped it's pretty much certain to come within 5-8 weeks. I doubt you'll get any more delays unless the company was lying or the car gets damaged.

Morning Celine is due to dock in Tilbury in 2 days at 7pm - https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/details/ships/shipid:419726/mmsi:356956000/imo:9519133/vessel:MORNING CELINE

You'll likely get yours by the end of this month.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #372
Why on earth not? They had exactly the same issues years ago when the first one was released, I find it amazing they didn't seem to learn anything for the second version...
Because of the Kona. They expected more people to go for the Kona over this for not much more.

·
Registered
Evezy referral code: 70142
71 Posts
Mine is being delivered to me at the end of this week. Seems like the dealers have received their vehicles slightly earlier than expected.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Mine is being delivered to me at the end of this week. Seems like the dealers have received their vehicles slightly earlier than expected.
Do you know your dealer?

I'm led to believe mine was dropped off in the UK yesterday, so it'll now be going through the PDI and work required to get it registered and I will hear more about my delivery some time this week or next.

·
Registered
9 Posts
www.eukor.com type in Ulsan as the departing port and Tilbury, UK as the arrival port. Not many showing up on there at the moment.
Interesting link, thanks. Just checked it out to find 1 ship due 18th April but that could contain any goods I suppose. I'll check back every couple of weeks as I'm expecting an Ioniq in early May.

361 - 380 of 416 Posts