Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

101 - 120 of 137 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
There's another ship called GRAND DIAMOND leaving on 20th October and arriving 24th November. Some lucky people will get theirs earlier

·
Registered
53 Posts
On a side note does anyone know whether I'd be eligible for another OLEV grant for a charger? I had one installed for the Zoe grant funded but have since moved house and the Zoe is long gone. I've emailed OLEV but got a cut and paste reply telling me I could have permission to move my charger (I told them I don't have it any longer as I moved a few years ago) and that I couldn't have another grant but this seems at odds with the declaration that you have to fill in when applying which seems to indicate you can get further funding on a new vehicle at a new address.
Just contact companies that install them. They have better communication with the government I guess.
If you include a declaration and evidence that you sold your previous property and have bought a new one - I can't see a reason why they would deny grant for the install of a new charger at your new place for a new vehicle.

I'd try polar/charmgestar first. They were pretty quick when I had my charger installed. Not the best looking but so far reliable.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Just had an update from Nationwide. Apparently all Ioniq's are on backorder and delivery dates are being adjusted to 2020. (1) Haven't we been here before with Hyundai. (2) Fits perfectly with new emission regulations in the EU.

Anyone else heard anything?

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #104
Just had an update from Nationwide. Apparently all Ioniq's are on backorder and delivery dates are being adjusted to 2020. (1) Haven't we been here before with Hyundai. (2) Fits perfectly with new emission regulations in the EU.

Anyone else heard anything?
Mine has shipped and is on the boat docking 25th November

·
Registered
8 Posts
I spoke to Nationwide Vehicle hire yesterday and I was told my car was still due at the supplier on the 06 December. But then 20 mins later got a new order confirmation email now saying I no longer have a build date. I ordered 26th September, was given a build date of 23 Oct. What is annoying for me more though is they won't give me an estimated delivery date and without it I can't apply for the grant for a charge point installation.

·
Registered
862 Posts
I spoke to Nationwide Vehicle hire yesterday and I was told my car was still due at the supplier on the 06 December. But then 20 mins later got a new order confirmation email now saying I no longer have a build date. I ordered 26th September, was given a build date of 23 Oct. What is annoying for me more though is they won't give me an estimated delivery date and without it I can't apply for the grant for a charge point installation.
I am afraid this is the everlasting story of ordering a Hyundai or Kia EV. Some people ended up waiting for nearly a year for the last Ioniq EV!

·
Premium Member
10,168 Posts
If you have a new car and a new address then just apply for the grant - don't mention previous grant or ask questions. OLEV do not ask for a previous address on the forms so are clearly not interested if you claimed at a previous address.

My understanding is an individual can't claim more than once per car or per property, with the exception of two grants per property if two plug in cars concurrently.

We have not claimed on Zoe so will do when we move house - assuming it is still available. We claimed for two at current house and will leave at least one (two may put buyers off).

(All above is my understanding and without liability ;))

·
Registered
3 Posts
No. I ordered 1st Oct and had an estimated build week of 21st Oct. Got an email from NW last week confirming order but saying build date being pushed back. I don't want it until March anyhow, but hope the wait doesn't go on too long

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #111

·
Registered
411 Posts
As above, I couldn't get anything cheaper than DE. Pre orders, apparently due Jan/Feb. Originally was Dec, hope it doesn't slip further

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk
I had an email conversation with Drive Electric on the 7th Oct in which they said the £199 per month is now not valid/has been retracted they quoted me £268 per month. They should really have have updated the web site by now.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #115
I had an email conversation with Drive Electric on the 7th Oct in which they said the £199 per month is now not valid/has been retracted they quoted me £268 per month. They should really have have updated the web site by now.
That was a £179 deal I believe. I got the same message and then they said they could offer

"I hope you don’t mind me emailing you, but the original funder has just come back to market at £199 inc Vat headline rate on the Premium Model, and £234 inc vat on the Premium SE – I don’t know how long this’ll last, but we can certainly quote it right now and lock it in for 14 days - would this interest you?"

That was on the 8th October

·
Registered
13 Posts
That was a £179 deal I believe. I got the same message and then they said they could offer

"I hope you don’t mind me emailing you, but the original funder has just come back to market at £199 inc Vat headline rate on the Premium Model, and £234 inc vat on the Premium SE – I don’t know how long this’ll last, but we can certainly quote it right now and lock it in for 14 days - would this interest you?"

That was on the 8th October
I ordered last week. £199 deal was still available but they only had black and grey left. In the end I ordered the Premium SE. At my annual milage it was only £12/more and they had the colour I wanted

·
Registered
13 Posts
DE are not entirely dependable. I am still waiting for my promised gift vouchers .....
Fine for me, I've been with them for two years now. My last order was really delayed due to KIA and they gave me one of their short term rentals until mine turned up.

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
23,589 Posts
Glad you've got a good relationship with them. Maybe you can ask Jack where my vouchers are, then?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Huzzah, update from Nationwide Vehicle Contracts. I have once again a date! They have been advised by their supplier that my car is estimated to reach the supplier on the 16 Jan 2020. That sounds like it might be on a boat already?

101 - 120 of 137 Posts