Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Occasionally I'll get the 'Check EV system' warning pop up on my dash, it hangs around for a couple of ignition cycles before disappearing again. Earlier this year, before lockdown I took it to my local dealer who decided to swap out an ECU that lives under the passenger seat.

I had my doubts it would be caused by an ECU but hey ho, under warranty so we'll see. The warning has been back several times since, it usually appears in damp conditions, and when pulling away from stationary.

I have my own suspicions, but was wondering if this sounds familiar to anyone, what was the cause & how was it fixed?

·
Registered
8 Posts
A few people in Ireland have seen this, it's apparently something to do with condensation somewhere tripping a sensor. We haven't got ours fixed yet as it's gone away during the summer (and Covid meaning the car isn't used as much)

·
Registered
839 Posts
Have you checked the 12V battery is healthy? A failing battery can lead to all sorts of random errors. Early cars might well need a new one by now.

·
Registered
Hyundai Ioniq Electric Premium SE 2018 Black
60 Posts
Occasionally I'll get the 'Check EV system' warning pop up on my dash, it hangs around for a couple of ignition cycles before disappearing again. Earlier this year, before lockdown I took it to my local dealer who decided to swap out an ECU that lives under the passenger seat.

I had my doubts it would be caused by an ECU but hey ho, under warranty so we'll see. The warning has been back several times since, it usually appears in damp conditions, and when pulling away from stationary.

I have my own suspicions, but was wondering if this sounds familiar to anyone, what was the cause & how was it fixed?
I get this but only if I rapid charge for longer then 25 or 30 mins or so. Even during the driest weather.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts