Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me and a colleague are experiencing a strange issue with the radio station changing by itself.

For me this change seems to coincide with a change from Reverse to Drive, or from Reverse to Park. Perhaps it is something to do with the rear camera being displayed on the screen.
My colleague claims that it happens at random times when he isn't touching anything.

I think the apparent change in station could actually be down to a switch from DAB to FM, but why would that be happening?

Does anybody else have this issue, and is there a fix?

·
Premium Member
11,453 Posts
Quite a few cars have a feature to switch to FM if DAB signal is weak (my Ampera did), but if often doesn't work well in UK. There is hopefully an option to turn it off, which I did in Ampera.

·
Premium Member
2020 Corsa E
7,201 Posts
If you change it from a DAB station with an FM equivalent to one that is DAB only what happens?

DAB drops to FM in poor signal areas. It's default behaviour. DAB is iffy in a lot of places.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you change it from a DAB station with an FM equivalent to one that is DAB only what happens?

DAB drops to FM in poor signal areas. It's default behaviour. DAB is iffy in a lot of places.
If I'm listening to Radio X (DAB only) it will switch to an FM station.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here is a video of this happening. It is always repeatable no matter where I am or how strong my DAB signal is.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've now discovered it only seems to switch when I have been listening to a station that's saved as a favourite.
If I select Radio X from the long list, it does not do it. But selecting Radio X from my favourite list, it does.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts