Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
I put a deposit down on a 38 kwh part ex my 28 kwh last Saturday, phoned for a quote was pleased so went ahead but they had quoted the old price, it is quite a bit more. But I am lucky, I can afford it and we love our old one, so cant wait, they have said November for delivery.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Worth checking out Bjorn Nyland's youtube, since charging is very different to the existing model (much slower due to a lower system voltage). This is fine if you're driving within range, and only ever charge at 7kW, say. Personally I like the very fast charging of the '28, on occasion.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Thanks SC, I love Bjorn learned almost every thing I know from him. Yes the new battery DC Charge rate is lower sheeeeeeet, lol. He has done 3 vids on it now, don't forget he said "great, BUT." its the 'great' bits we like. I road tested a Kona at the Hyundai dealer also, I liked it but it is a bit cramped in side, the boot is small, the centre console seems to high or something, it is a lovely car though, but you cant even order one now! So it was a year old Kona which isn't cheap or the new Ioniq.
I am retired and we don't use fast charging a lot so we aren't that bothered we take grand kids on hols we us and they need feeding and watering, 23 mins charge time isn't enough on a long trip and our normal weekend travel will actually now be covered within the new range so for us its fine. I have also a deposit on the new MG ev and it possibly will not have an app (neither does the old Ioniq) or charge software this is also ok as we don't work any more. I can see it will be a problem for some though. I just couldn't enjoy our petrol mpv anymore so had to go for another BEV and the 7 grand discount means I can afford to part ex, so soon we shall have 2 new ones, soonish?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Are these available to test drive yet - having problems finding a dealer who has one?
Splig, I had to order one 2 mths ago and was promised November but it has now changed to December. There were none here at that time or I should have been able to one get it think. They have a UK data base. Best of luck malc

1 - 6 of 6 Posts