Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
IONIQ 5 takes the ultimate title for overall Car of the Year and also triumphs in ‘Mid-Size Company Car,’ ‘Premium Electric Car’ and ‘Design’ categories.

The awards are judged by Auto Express’ highly experienced panel of road testers, chaired by the editor-in-chief, Steve Fowler. “When we first saw the Concept 45 that previewed the IONIQ 5, we knew the production car would be something special,” commented Fowler. “The IONIQ 5 delivers on styling, quality, driver appeal and quality.

Hyundai has already proven to be a technology leader in the Electric Vehicle space, and the IONIQ 5 takes it one step further. It’s a brilliant car.”

·
Registered
2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
992 Posts
It seemed to win lots of categories. They’re really keen on it. Others are quite keen on it.

·
Registered
Ioniq 5 Ultimate Long Range RWD in Gravity Gold, Eco & Tech packs
266 Posts
Yea I have to say, this is really grabbing my attention as a potential next EV in a couple of years....
Yes I quite fancy one, it depends on the size really?

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
..and how many they can make, and if they can make just enough under demand to keep the prices ridiculously high and push lots of people who come into the show room for it into cheaper and more available Santa fe's.

Everyone and I mean everyone is just making enough good enough EVs until their hand is forced by Tesla or the Chinese, despite all the noises, none of the major manufacturers really wants to jump first.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Anyone know why the I5 seems to be getting more kudos than the EV6? I'm hopefully going to be able to see both in the forthcoming weeks to make my own mind up!

·
Registered
Ioniq 5 Ultimate Long Range RWD in Gravity Gold, Eco & Tech packs
266 Posts
I drove an Ioniq 5 on Saturday and was really impressed by the space and driving experience.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts